• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Irrigation Help

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Reaching out for some help. My sprinkler box is showing a zone 4 wire shortage. I have flipped the wire and know it’s that zone as zone 3 will trip for a wire shortage. I called the company who put in the sprinklers when the pool was put in and they said they do not map the location of the solenoids for residential property, only commercial, why, makes no sense to me. I cannot locate my sprinkler box in the ground, but found several caps in the flower beds randomly. Does anyone know how to test to see if that solenoids I founds are working as I do not know what zone they activate? I see online you can get a tool to trace the wire for a break like a metal detector , but cannot find one to rent locally. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Try to find all of your valves in your yard and mark them. You can disconnect the solenoid wires and hold them to a 9v battery to test them individually. If they all test good you may have a break in the run between the valve and timer. Easiest thing to do there is run a new wire back to the timer from the #4valve. Oh, and if you cant find your valves, disconnect the wires from the timer, hold the common to one 9v battery post and then tap the valve control wire on the other, all while someone walks around the yard listening for a clicking sound. If the solenoid is toast, i most likely won't click.