• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is anyone else as behind as I am????

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Lately I cannot seem to find the time to get my boat projects done.......( I wonder why :confused: )

Items I am behind on:

Install hydro turf whole boat kit
Install Bluetooth ballast system and ball valves
reroute ballast lines to accommodate an additional bag under port seat
Install perfect pass ( next weekend project )
Install new fused blue sea 6 position block
Change oil and plugs
New bunk boards and carpeting

I need a week off from everything.

(venting over)

I was there a year ago.

I have things to do, but most importantly I need to drop it in the water!!!

I'm right there with you!! This traveling for work needs to stop but unfortunately I am gone the last two weeks of April. Hoping to take a day off during the week next week to finish everything up if there is a day of no rain! Wanting to put boat in the water May 1 for my birthday and leave it at the slip.

I feel your pain. Due to the cold wet winter (realitive to normal South Carolina weather) the expansion of my shop has taken much longer than hoped. The poor boat has been sitting without receiving any attention. I need to replace the fuel sender unit and replace the swim deck mats plus de-winterize the boat. Hoping in a couple of weeks I will be done with the shop expansion and I can get to giving my boat some lovin' and use.

Last edited:
Having a 3 year old going (cooper halp..... daddy) makes every project difficult. He sees me with a screw driver or wrench and I can't shake the kid.
In the big picture good problem to have. Soon I can harness his energy and teach him to wash and wax.

Having a 3 year old going (cooper halp..... daddy) makes every project difficult. He sees me with a screw driver or wrench and I can't shake the kid.
In the big picture good problem to have. Soon I can harness his energy and teach him to wash and wax.
2 girls here so when I ask if they want to help to work on the boat they just sigh. Although I do stuff my oldest in the amp closet from time to time.

20150326_164207.jpg

I am a little behind although I did find a few hours to get Perfect Pass installed (for the most part) on Easter Sunday (after dinner). I guess what's making me feel better about it is that the weather has been absolutely CRAP. I managed to get a new floor put in my wife's laundry room and half bath plus the entrance from the garage. :) Big thumbs up from her. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be and I've been dreading doing it for a few years!

Behind here too

mine is done and ready minus being at the dealer for gelcoat cracks

I'm behind also !!! I haven't even pulled the cover off yet !!! I am bringing my cans to you next week so hopefully your guy can weld the aluminum for me

I think I still have a length of stranded negative wire to install to the amps (the wrong stuff is on there presently). Had that pending for about a year. I still have some of that nice anti-noise stuff to put on the engine compartment. That has been pending for almost 2 years now.

We shan't talk about the second and third cigarette lighter plugs or the fuse block I just finally hung next to the batteries last week. I think those are even older.

Could I get 2 weeks off?

I can totally relate to this @jcyamaharider . I threw in the towel and took the boat over to Earmark Marine in Plano. I had gotten the transducer installed in the hull for the new 7" garmin touch screen plotter, ran the cable to the helm, and installed the transom 6.5" JL Audio MX 650's, and ran the wire to the helm, built the enclosure for the subwoofer...and bought a motorhome:eek: and my free time ended. So letting Earmark finish my audio and GPS install was easy right? Well, it is money I could have saved had I had the time. But my calendar freed up and as soon as the boat is back, I will have not only great sound, but i will have the plotter up and running too! Then I can use the next offseason to put LED's in the boat and the bus! Too many projects takes you away from family and fun. Don't sweat the small stuff Jim!

I find myself falling behind at a slower pace....which i consider progress. Ya thats the ticket!!!

My next 2 projects are well staged so confidence is building!!!! And my credit card has a $75.69 balance from todays fillup......room 'nuff for a new vhf radio.......is thAt progress or additional behindness?

well scratch my earlier post it seems my boat might possibly be traded in for a 24' v drive before i even put it in the water this year, fingers crossed

It's that time of year, I told my wife that I just had too much to do and that I don't have time to go to work. Anybody else too busy to work?

Too busy at work, both works!

Back