• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is it just me

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Or has this been a difficult season to get out on the water for others. My main boating water the CT river has been a high water mud fest most of the season.
Here we go again.... Looks like this weekend is out:(

USGS.01172010.02.00065..20140807.20140814..0..gif

It's been darn near impossible for me, although, my lake(s) aren't bad at all, just really stinking busy!

We had high water in June and a busy weekday schedule in July but August has been great except for the sun going down so fast.

I actually have logged a ton of hours on the boat this year for a change!! :thumbsup:

Slow year for me due to low lake levels :(

Luckily for me, our very near local lake is fine. The other lakes we go to our low, but still usable.

http://www.freep.com/article/201408...t-Lakes-water-levels-environment-temperatures

"Lakes Michigan and Huron are only 4 inches below long-term average, but have recovered more than 2½ feet since their record lows in January 2013.

“That we’re not quite back to average speaks to how low we actually were at the end of 2012 and the beginning of 2013,” Kompoltowicz said."

Lake Superior is up almost a foot since last year and Lake Michigan & Lake Huron are up almost 15" year over year.
Think for a second about their combined surface areas. That is an incredible increase in total water volume!

That is very impressive....

Life has been keeping me from boating more this year than in the past. I'm still blown away that some have too much water to go boating. We are dealing with the opposite situation in CA, some marinas are closing early or never opened because of the lack of water.

Ronnie - it's your quadcopter keeping you from boating isn't it!! :rolleyes:

Wait, what? Too much water?

Can you box that up and ship it west? I think Mead "may" get a lil bit from some recent storms, but not nearly enough to make a dent. Heck, probably not enough to keep up with evaporation!
If it weren't for irrigation needs the Colorado River would be lower than it is.

I still remember these days:

post-14-14814-_sml_Needles1.jpg post-14-14886-_sml_Jack_Smith1.jpg
Needles Marina ...........and Jack Smith

Wait, what? Too much water?

Can you box that up and ship it west? I think Mead "may" get a lil bit from some recent storms, but not nearly enough to make a dent. Heck, probably not enough to keep up with evaporation!
If it weren't for irrigation needs the Colorado River would be lower than it is.

I still remember these days:

View attachment 10106 View attachment 10107
Needles Marina ...........and Jack Smith
@Glassman you might as well capitalize on the low water at the gas dock and put on your waders and pick up a bunch of gas caps people have lost over the years. :winkingthumbsup"

I wish it was my quad copter keeping me too busy to boat but it's everything else, family in town, work, special events etc.

As for treasure hunting at dried up ramps it would be funny if it wasn't true, many fishermen have taken up metal detecting while the water levels are low. At Folsom lake in ncal using metal detectors is forbidden since its federal land and the Feds don't want hobbiest tearing the place up looking for gold and other precious items like rings near the ramps and shores of the lake.

Hope it changes for the better for you Ronnie.

I'm ok but thanks for the kind words. I feel for the farmers and business owners who are taking the immediate financial hit and even the migrant workers who are out of work. One of the places I raft at sent out an email a few months ago saying they won't have a rafting season this year because of the drought that is their primary source of income. We were told the price of beef and vegis would go up as well and my wife says she's noticed it when she shops. Then there is the other side of the country where there is too much water. In this day and age where space travel, video communications and medical advances are the norm why haven't we figured out how to pipe water from inundated areas of the country to drought stricken areas? Yes it is a lot of plumbing but so is the Alaska pipeline and we somehow managed that, decades ago.

I hear you there, Ronnie. I am from Oklahoma. Your vision was the same as Robert S. Kerr (an Oklahoma politician who focused on managing water), but on a smaller scale. He wanted - and has by many counts - linked several of Oklahoma's water supplies together. He was a visionary. Lots of more work needs to be done though.

It is really bad here in California, most lakes are at record lows or closed. Our favorite lakes are Lake San Antonio in Monterey County and Millerton Lake near Fresno. Millerton is one of the bright spots at 50% capacity, but San Antonio has a capacity of 350,00 acre feet, but it is now bone dry. Here is a recent pic:

5283eb4655662.image.jpg

I hear you there, Ronnie. I am from Oklahoma. Your vision was the same as Robert S. Kerr (an Oklahoma politician who focused on managing water), but on a smaller scale. He wanted - and has by many counts - linked several of Oklahoma's water supplies together. He was a visionary. Lots of more work needs to be done though.

He sounds like Oklahoma's version of William Mulholland, Los Angeles' water guru who was a driving force behind the L.A. Aqueduct. Boy do we need minds like theirs now.

If this keeps up, It could seriously impact the availability of SALAD! :eek:

Slow year for me..just too many things going on...

Back