• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is it just me

Let's try to retrack this, the glass is at lead half full for most of us, there are still places for me to boat even if they are less desirable than some of the lakes which are low on water.

Much of my lack of boating this year is that the boat is no longer new too me, when it was I would go every weekend during the summer, now it's been more like every other weekend but in July I think I got out once because of other commitments. This and I'm just getting old and possibly lazy. So when faced with a choice like go to a kids birthday party (drive an hour there and back, eat and be home long before dark) and go boating (prep for an hour, drive for an hour or two, have a day on the water, than spend two or three more getting home and putting the boat away long after dark) the choice, if I can call it that, is easy to make especially if I boated a week or two earlier or expect to a week or so later.

Figured when I retired I'd get more time on the water...sheet, between bad weather and all the other things that keep popping up I'm getting out less this year than I ever have.

Wait, what? Too much water?

Can you box that up and ship it west? I think Mead "may" get a lil bit from some recent storms, but not nearly enough to make a dent. Heck, probably not enough to keep up with evaporation!
If it weren't for irrigation needs the Colorado River would be lower than it is.

I still remember these days:

View attachment 10106 View attachment 10107
Needles Marina ...........and Jack Smith
When were these pictures taken? I've seen the marina and Jack Smith low but never that low.... That's really bad..

Water is our new most valuable resource. Think of all the money in it! Drinking water, lakes, rivers, streams, etc. it's really a gold mine and some people have realized it already. Or, some have realized how much they relied on it I guess. So so sad what's going on over there. Hard to take the pictures in really.

This is surprising to see the extent of the drought. We don't have a shortage of water here and storms have been worse this summer with hail and wind. It might not be a bad idea to drop some money into water stock (i.e. WTR)

Back