• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it me, or is this guy on drugs. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah about 8-10k to high
You can buy a new 2016 for 54k

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just making sure I didn't enter the twilight zone. . . . . . . If I could get that kind of money for my 14' it would be gone (lets hope she doesn't read these posts)

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ha yeah considering I paid $48,000 for a 2015 242 limited S with 39 hours.

Britboater

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats more than I paid for my boat new :confused:.

But yes, as stated, POP yachts have stuck their commission on which I thought was 10% so may be the seller is in the twilight zone :D.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
They should stop sniffing glue.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pretty sure POP just takes the current year model MSRP and slaps that on as the price. Every time I see one of their listings I say to myself that is how much a brand new one cost.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Probably what the guy owes on the boat + commission for POP.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Pop marks it up 10% exactly. I had mine listed with them. Seems like it was too high even before the commission, but you just never know someone else's story/reasoning.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats more than I paid for my boat new :confused:.

But yes, as stated, POP yachts have stuck their commission on which I thought was 10% so may be the seller is in the twilight zone :D.
Good thing you bought yours before the local currency took a . . . . . (wait for it). . . . Pound-ing = )

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
POP is whatever you make of it. They essentially email every single boat for sale they can find asking to broker for them. The boat being listed with POP has nothing to do with the boat itself. When I listed my Seadoo Challenger years ago, I deleted all their emails. With the Yamaha, I figured what the hell, why not. They don't look at the boat. They really know nothing about it most times, they are simply advertisers. I'd like to think most boat shoppers are smart enough at this point, that if they see a boat listed with POP, they go search that boats local craigslist where they will typically find that same boat listed for way less and without a broker to get in the way. POP doesn't limit you from continuing to try to sell on your own. It's a tool you can use to your advantage - essentially national outreach for free. But, it could obviously also hurt with the uneducated buyer. That's why it pays to be a smart shopper. I'm already shopping my next boat, and I promise I'm using every possible search avenue I can.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Haven't nailed it down specifically yet. Seen several Contender's and Hydra-sports that fit the bill. Trailerable (with permit), 28/30'-ish, cabin, center console. Just something to fit my needs a little better when I'm your loud, annoying, drunk neighbor next year, @Murf'n'surf ! Can't buy til the 'doo sells, and not really working very hard to move it yet. In my mind, I'll get a 32' contender for a great price that I can refinish/rebuild/repower myself. Too dam OCD to buy a used one and just trust it. Every little blemish or noise or vibration would annoy me. Can't afford new. So, I'm basically relegated to rebuilding myself. And, we've got the skis to bide our time with while we restore. Keeping all my options open though!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is a reason they call the Bayliners, "B-Liners". . . .cause every time you take one out you have to make a B-Line to the atm for repair money.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WellCraft is fitting also considering owning one is akin to throwing your money down a bottomless well.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Definitely not dead set on anything yet, @ClemsonTiger . I would almost prefer something built down there, as it would make everything easier once I'm a local. My biggest thing is a badass hull, as there ain't much I can do with that. I didn't mention bayliner as I figured that was a given ;) Definitely a top ten boat. Top ten what exactly, well....

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Love to get a used Intrepid 323 with twin Yamaha 350's !