• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is it possible to buy Yahama matching vinyl to fix a few seats?

personalt

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking at a used 2008 AR230 that has a couple of seats with ripped vinyl but most the interior could get buy with a good cleaning. It is possible to buy the original color vinyl to allow me to do smaller repairs? The top of the seats is that blue 'aligator print' color rest is a light grey or off-white. It Looks like there might be some damage to the blue areas but most of the damage is in the grey areas.

I am just trying to figure out if I can do smaller repairs or I need to to budget for a full re-do of the vinyl which I would guess would be in the 3K range.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
www.jetboatpilot.com or greatlakesskipper.com ... I found the upholstery fabric for my 2013 242LS at both of these companies.

I shopped around local upholstery shops and was quoted $4K-$6K to do the whole boat. It was more economical to go to my local Yamaha dealer and buy only the replacement cushions/parts that we absolutely needed and install them myself.

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had my seat cushions all redone by a local sewing shop and they were able to match the vinyl exactly!

B Frank

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just replied to another post on this. I have a 2008 AR210 and had 2 seems torn 50%. I took them to Dr Vinyl and they repaired both for $125. Dr Vinyl is a franchise but not sure if there is one in your area.

Brian

I was looking at a used 2008 AR230 that has a couple of seats with ripped vinyl but most the interior could get buy with a good cleaning. It is possible to buy the original color vinyl to allow me to do smaller repairs? The top of the seats is that blue 'aligator print' color rest is a light grey or off-white. It Looks like there might be some damage to the blue areas but most of the damage is in the grey areas.

I am just trying to figure out if I can do smaller repairs or I need to to budget for a full re-do of the vinyl which I would guess would be in the 3K range.