• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is it worth sending back an AO cooler for repair

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
The 24 I bought last spring is totally taking on water. Is it worth sending it in for warranty??

The 24 I bought last spring is totally taking on water. Is it worth sending it in for warranty??
That's always been the catch in my book @Evil Sports. They give you these nice warranties then tell you to pay shipping both ways knowing that usually it approaches the cost of the item. Did you contact them to see what the deal is? I know the AO is a very good cooler so shipping, even if you have to pay both ways has to be cheaper than a new one but I'm curious what they have to say.

Bob, it is worth it if you didn't damage it yourself with bottle caps or otherwise, they will replace it. Generally, if it is a seam or fold that has cracked, they will just ask for you to cut a section of the liner and send it to them...virtually destroying the cooler...but they send a replacement. If you did indeed cut it with bottle caps or otherwise, they won't warranty it, but they will repair it for a reduced charge, not sure what or if their policy has changed. That liner is very durable, so damaging it isn't easy but it does happen. If it is just a cracked seam, they will fix it and I would approach it that way and see if they will let you send the liner section to them and go from there.

I did not inspect the liner yet but the hassle of packing it up and shipping it is making me want to throw it in the garage and move on. Glad I took advantage of that 2 fer 1 deal on that other brand soft cooler earlier

On a side note... "will never leak" does not apply to leaving them upside down and all of your ice cold water flowing out of the zipper onto your seats! :banghead: learned that one the hard way. Wet boat, warm soda.

Yeah mine is wet on the underside and weighs a ton with nothing in it

They are great coolers and have good customer service...I would send them the small piece of liner and get it replaced.

I'd toss it out. I have NEVER had any luck with soft coolers - AOs included.

This is on one of the folds in the bottom of the liner. To me its product design failure not a use failure. It takes 3 to 4 weeks to get it back, Im thinking Im gonna cut the liner and get a replacement. Has anyone been successful in patching one of these
10505600_10202956529807575_7447230586664680565_n.jpg

I have been through at least 3 other soft sided coolers and they were all nothing but junk. To top it off, they were not that much cheaper. Forgive the comparison squash...but if your going to compare a Yeti to any soft side cooler...WHAT ARE YOU THINKING MAN? No comparison, but then again, a smaller cooler, hard as hell, and $300!!! We love our soft sides because they are more functional in the boat. They are not indestructible. But your barking up the wrong tree if you think that you will convince the hundreds from the previous and here, that AO Coolers aren't a damn good cooler. I would send it in Bob, but that is me. I am ordering another AO 36 can as soon as I can come up with a boat name. I have a 24, 12, and 9. Like I said, best soft side on the market...but I like the yeti comparison!
ca693edb6e85609102344bc36ebb5f.gif

Buddy of mine saw my AO last weekend. It was his first time seeing one....bought one a few days later. and I quote, " I've never had a cooler that keeps my wine that cold, I'm getting one of those"

You know I affectionately call my boat The Paper Tornado so why not Paper coolers to go with it. Mel blind unfettered loyalty/fanboy ism kills me, like if someone were to come in here and say Yamaha boats suck Im sure there would be Many people in here ready to fight even though the reason for the suck were/are true. Same can be said for these throw away coolers.

Opinions are like assholes Bob...everybody has them, and many times, they are different. We can disagree in friendship however!

third season with mine. can't say enough good things about mine. Hopefully they give you a replacement and you have a better experience.

I have to laugh Bob! You are a hard guy to please! lol One of these days, we will share a bottle of wine...but if I like it, your NOT sending it back!:D

I like all wine so thats an easy one. AO offers a patch kit for $5, much cheeper than me shipping it and waiting weeks to get it back.
Here is a better look at the liner fail, http://mightytext.net/zNDUy

Try the patch kit then. I don't know, the heavy texture on the liner makes me leery of a patch, but they wouldn't put it out there if it didn't have some chance.

Go to Home Depot and get a piece of shower pan liner and the PVC glue that goes with the likes. It will differently seal the hole. Most likely HD will give you a scrap piece and you will just have to buy the glue.

Back