• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is standing water in the clean out/scupper compartment normal?

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey guys! I hope it’s ok to post this here.

I was replacing my scupper valve this weekend and I seems to have standing water in my clean out or scupper compartment at the tail of the boat. It’s about 3-4” and doesn’t seems to have a way to drain. Is there a drain clogged? How can I address this or should I not worry about it?

i attached a couple pictures. What do you think?

Attachments

• A6DEE441-9473-4A1B-9EE4-C58E46C6B1B5.jpeg
    A6DEE441-9473-4A1B-9EE4-C58E46C6B1B5.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 42
  • 7AD12EBC-91A9-4962-A23D-D83D1E99461A.jpeg
    7AD12EBC-91A9-4962-A23D-D83D1E99461A.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 48
If you can get down there you might want to see if your drain plug hole is clogged, after 3 years I finally checked mine when I replaced my transducer and it was full of factory shavings/junk/screws. Also might want to jacking your jack higher if you are on a trailer.

Thanks I’ll dig around. I’m in there now.

Thanks for the tip. There was a couple sockets from a previous owner and a leaf bottlenecked in there. Crazy.

Attachments

• 4D4CE93B-0B0D-4AFB-ACB8-39CA9056636B.jpeg
    4D4CE93B-0B0D-4AFB-ACB8-39CA9056636B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Thanks for the tip. There was a couple sockets from a previous owner and a leaf bottlenecked in there. Crazy.

Can’t say I blame him, I dropped a ratchet down there after I got everything reinstalled and sealed up with 4200, took two hours, a coat hanger, and some gymnastics to get the damn thing out.

Back