• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Still getting water draining for 2 minutes

I found that sealing the clean-out hatch tray made a big difference for my boat. I used to get some water, maybe a gallon in the bilge, but after sealing the hatch tray my boat is bone dry. I use silicone spray on the hatch cover seal, clean-out plug seals, and I also use silicone spray on all underwater seals and fittings - spraying the transom plug O-ring, bucket and steering cables, linkages, etc. It's also good for the ball coupler lock, surge slide, 7-way plug, and interior hinges and fittings as it displaces water. I go through about a can of 3-in-1 silicone spray a season...better to spend a few bucks on preventative care than a few thousand on parts or damage.
:)

This is the way. Between the silicon and the Yamahlube, my boat tends to give off a nice, light oil slick when we first get to the sandbar...

This is the way.
Mandalorian fan?
?
Yeah I definitely believe the silicone spray helps keep things lubed and water resistant.
Between the silicon and the Yamahlube, my boat tends to give off a nice, light oil slick when we first get to the sandbar...
Not sure how far your sandbar is from your launch point, but we generally have a 15+ minute cruise to get somewhere worth floating so no slick by that time. But I do notice it when we launch the boat off the trailer...although sometimes the boats beside us are a lot worse with oil slicks in the water.
?

I see you have an X boat. Any way for ballast system to leak water into the boat? There’s a bag and plumbing in the ski locker right?

I see you have an X boat. Any way for ballast system to leak water into the boat? There’s a bag and plumbing in the ski locker right?
I haven’t used it yet. I did check to make sure all the connections were fastened. ??

There is a valve on the thru hull fitting for the ballast water, turn it off since you’re not using the ballast to eliminate source.

I'd be willing to bet it's the clean out tray. You want water to be on top of the cleanout plugs after a day on the water. Especially after several stops of water coming over the back and/or people getting in and out of the water on to the swim platform. Sounds like that water is making it's way past the cleanout tubes and/or that cleanout tray.

I'd be willing to bet it's the clean out tray. You want water to be on top of the cleanout plugs after a day on the water. Especially after several stops of water coming over the back and/or people getting in and out of the water on to the swim platform. Sounds like that water is making it's way past the cleanout tubes and/or that cleanout tray.
Well, I took it to the dock today and back into the water and left the boat on the trailer. 30 minutes sitting there…had about 1-2 gallons of water drain out. I saw a few small dribbles around some fittings and the rear tie down hooks are dripping water hours after i got the boat back home. I sealed them up and plan to re-test tomorrow afternoon. Thanks y’all for all the help…I’m truly grateful. ??

Well, I took it to the dock today and back into the water and left the boat on the trailer. 30 minutes sitting there…had about 1-2 gallons of water drain out. I saw a few small dribbles around some fittings and the rear tie down hooks are dripping water hours after i got the boat back home. I sealed them up and plan to re-test tomorrow afternoon. Thanks y’all for all the help…I’m truly grateful. ??
Also, I did re-seal the clean out tray to hopefully help with roll-over of water coming on it. That doesn’t bother me, a leak really bothers me though!!

Mandalorian fan?
?
Yeah I definitely believe the silicone spray helps keep things lubed and water resistant.

Not sure how far your sandbar is from your launch point, but we generally have a 15+ minute cruise to get somewhere worth floating so no slick by that time. But I do notice it when we launch the boat off the trailer...although sometimes the boats beside us are a lot worse with oil slicks in the water.
?
In fairness to me, I Yamalube EVERYTHING on the rear. Ladder and ladder springs, any moving point on the pumps and cables. We also have a 10min ride up to the sandbar, but still throw a good slick when we get there. The Yamalube STICKS!

Back