• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this a good price?

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Local stereo shop wants $675 to replace the deck and two built in remotes (the one on the stern and one to the left of the steering wheel). Kenwood marine is what we are looking at on my 2005 ar230.

Let me know. TIA!

Jeremiah

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Local stereo shop wants $675 to replace the deck and two built in remotes (the one on the stern and one to the left of the steering wheel). Kenwood marine is what we are looking at on my 2005 ar230.

Let me know. TIA!
Looks like parts alone are about $475 off of Amazon. So I guess the question is $200 a good price for labor?

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I guess that depends if you want to do the work. 200 I would have no issue with

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like a lot of cash for easy work... From what I know, your boat uses a normal sized single din HU, grab something like a Kenwood M325BT ($110 on amazon) and 2 of the KAC-RC35MR ($60/per on Amazon), 12 pack of Pacifico ($12) and for ~$250 in parts you are good to go.

If you want a shop to do it, $200 is ok for labor, not sure what parts they are quoting you for, if you could get the install down to $150 it would be better. Maybe even buy the parts yourself and have them install.