• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Is this lift setup correctly?

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm renting a lift this summer and I'm not sure if it's setup correctly for my boat, AR240. I have no clue about lifts so it could be correct for all I know.

I was expecting the bunks on the lift to be rotated or at least on a movable hinge similar to how our trailer bunks sit. What I have is two fixed 4x4 running parallel and laying flat as if they were on the ground. Is that correct for our hull? Also what distance should the bunks be apart and distance to prevent the keel from resting on the cross brace.? I'm going to grab a picture tomorrow but in the mean time does any have pics of their lift with or without the boat?

Thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

spatty99

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The bunk angles on my lift are adjustable to match the hull. I moved my spacing by trial and error to rest on the flats and not on the chines. Your setup would work but probably isn't ideal.

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bunk angles on my lift are adjustable to match the hull. I moved my spacing by trial and error to rest on the flats and not on the chines. Your setup would work but probably isn't ideal.
Thank you. I just uploaded a couple pictures. Do you know the distance between your bunks? I think these may be too far apart.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. I just uploaded a couple pictures. Do you know the distance between your bunks? I think these may be too far apart.
Not off the top of my head but you could just measure yours on your trailer if you have one to get the distance.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Keep in mind the depth of the keel based on how far you space the bunks. When I setup my new lift this spring, I matched the bunks on my trailer as a starting point. I also matched the height of the bunks so that I was sure not to drag my keel on the metal cross member.

In your case, you don't have a height adjustment. So you need to see how far you can spread your bunks before the keel comes within 2" of the cross member. This is keeping in mind that the "V" of the bow may drop deeper upon entry. So if your lift drops deep enough, its a non issue. If not, then you need to keep them close enough together so that it won't hit.

One last tip, set those guide posts at 8.5' roughly so that the boat centers each time. push the boat on the lift while deep and lift slowly monitoring how close the keel gets to the cross member, and adjust from there.

Good luck!

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep in mind the depth of the keel based on how far you space the bunks. When I setup my new lift this spring, I matched the bunks on my trailer as a starting point. I also matched the height of the bunks so that I was sure not to drag my keel on the metal cross member.

In your case, you don't have a height adjustment. So you need to see how far you can spread your bunks before the keel comes within 2" of the cross member. This is keeping in mind that the "V" of the bow may drop deeper upon entry. So if your lift drops deep enough, its a non issue. If not, then you need to keep them close enough together so that it won't hit.

One last tip, set those guide posts at 8.5' roughly so that the boat centers each time. push the boat on the lift while deep and lift slowly monitoring how close the keel gets to the cross member, and adjust from there.

Good luck!
Thanks for all the great advice! The bunks are about 30" apart now which I'm pretty sure will be too far apart. I'm going to start at 21" and put carpet on the crossbeams just in case.