• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Is This True?

Coolbreeze704

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
As I have been talking to people selling their boats, I was talking to a guy selling his 2021 AR195 with 10 hours on it. He is asking for a good markup over retail which in todays market I get. I was letting him know though I found a 2020 SX210 with some nice options and the YES warranty and 70 hours for less then what he was asking. He replied it was not apples to apples. I agreed with much of what he said but one thing caught me by surprise. He mentioned that the SVHO in the AR195 is going to be quicker then the twin TR-1's engine in the SX210. I know the boat is heavier but wouldn't the increased HP offset that? Interested in if that was salesmanship, BS or factual and why.

As I have been talking to people selling their boats, I was talking to a guy selling his 2021 AR195 with 10 hours on it. He is asking for a good markup over retail which in todays market I get. I was letting him know though I found a 2020 SX210 with some nice options and the YES warranty and 70 hours for less then what he was asking. He replied it was not apples to apples. I agreed with much of what he said but one thing caught me by surprise. He mentioned that the SVHO in the AR195 is going to be quicker then the twin TR-1's engine in the SX210. I know the boat is heavier but wouldn't the increased HP offset that? Interested in if that was salesmanship, BS or factual and why.
Yes a 195 is most definitely faster than a 210. It is lighter and has 250HP on the svho. If I'm not mistaking the TR-1 is around 130hp each or somewhere around there. All depends what your looking for, speed, or a bigger boat.

Yes a 195 is most definitely faster than a 210. It is lighter and has 250HP on the svho. If I'm not mistaking the TR-1 is around 130hp each or somewhere around there
That is remarkable what they can do with a high output engine! Would you expect longer life out of the TR-1's since they are so detuned? Also how hard is it to mod and get more out of those twin engines?

Most of the treads that I have read have about 48 mph as the top speed for the 195 and 43-44 mph for the 210.

For me, the speed difference would not be enough to take the 195 over the 210, as the 210 has several other advantages over the 195.

I will say that a late model 195 (especially the 195S) remains on my potential boat list. For me, I prefer that 195 over the 190. Personally, however, if I had a choice (for the same money) between a 195 and a 210, I would likely choose the 210. But, I know we all have different boating needs and wants.

I have no idea what he is asking for his boat, but for me, with a MSRP of $38,849, disregarding any upgrades to the boat, it would be worth no more than 41 - 42K in today's market.

The 190/195 is the most popular boat in the Yamaha line-up and there are probably more of these for sale on the used market than any other Yamaha model. It baffles me that someone would buy a boat and only put 10 hours on it. There is potential for a good buy here, but do it on your terms and not his.

Jim

I just watched a sx195 review based on a Google search. Interestingly, they stuff the 1.8 single svho in the 195. They quote top speed of 52 ish. Wow! Maybe when the kids are out of the house… a 19 footer would be nice to stuff in the garage.

I love my 195, for the main reason it fits in my garage. It has been a fantastic boat for 2 seasons. If it didn't fit in my garage I would go bigger undoubtedly though with a 24/25 footer. Never usually need more room, but a couple times I wish I had it. Can you store a 21 in your garage?

Most of the treads that I have read have about 48 mph as the top speed for the 195 and 43-44 mph for the 210.

For me, the speed difference would not be enough to take the 195 over the 210, as the 210 has several other advantages over the 195.

I will say that a late model 195 (especially the 195S) remains on my potential boat list. For me, I prefer that 195 over the 190. Personally, however, if I had a choice (for the same money) between a 195 and a 210, I would likely choose the 210. But, I know we all have different boating needs and wants.

I have no idea what he is asking for his boat, but for me, with a MSRP of $38,849, disregarding any upgrades to the boat, it would be worth no more than 41 - 42K in today's market.

The 190/195 is the most popular boat in the Yamaha line-up and there are probably more of these for sale on the used market than any other Yamaha model. It baffles me that someone would buy a boat and only put 10 hours on it. There is potential for a good buy here, but do it on your terms and not his.

Jim

Like I mentioned in an other thread. New to boating and realized he purchased the wrong boat for his family after 1st couple outings. There will be many new boaters selling soon from this rush to the boat market over the last 18 months. Some to upgrade, some because they know more what works for their family. MOST because the dream doesn't match reality and payments are getting old for a boat that is sitting.

By the way asking price is 49800. I believe your price is more inline with where it should sell, but you can't blame someone for trying. Many boats were sold last summer way over MSRP by dealers so they need to recoup or at least try

Like I mentioned in an other thread. New to boating and realized he purchased the wrong boat for his family after 1st couple outings. There will be many new boaters selling soon from this rush to the boat market over the last 18 months. Some to upgrade, some because they know more what works for their family. MOST because the dream doesn't match reality and payments are getting old for a boat that is sitting.

By the way asking price is 49800. I believe your price is more inline with where it should sell, but you can't blame someone for trying. Many boats were sold last summer way over MSRP by dealers so they need to recoup or at least try
I would buy that 2015 240 for sale on here before I would buy a 2021 195 for 50K

@Coolbreeze704, I think we will continue to see a lot of boats for sale, at crazy prices, just like with the seller that you are dealing with. I just don't think that 190/195's, and even 210's at crazy prices will continue to sell at crazy prices. I think that many boats, currently for sale at high prices will stay for sale for a long time.

Some sellers don't seem to grasp that boat prices shot through the roof during the Covid pandemic and this included new boats due to high dealer markups. For the same reason that prices increase during the pandemic (supply/demand) they also are beginning to fall as demand tapers off. For any folks who bought their boat during this time and put little, or nothing down, it won't take long (if it hasn't happened already) for them to be upside down on their boat loans vs the value of the boats.

Jim

I would buy that 2015 240 for sale on here before I would buy a 2021 195 for 50K
Believe me I am going to let the cold winds of winter settle in to cool these expectations. I am set on a 195s or AR195 as I live at the back of a narrow cove and will keep it in my garage during the week when it is not parked at my seawall on the weekends

Back