• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Issue need help

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Last weekend was my birthday and unfortunately I forgot to plug my boats plugs :( when I docked it. Well the whole engine bay was flooded when I woke up Saturday morning. I got all the water out of the boat and it started up. It has milky oil and I have changed it 7 times now. When I hook it up to the hose it still is steaming at him RPMs. Does anyone have any ideas how to get the water out of the engine or know anything about Glastron GTS 187

I have put Seafoam in the oil and fuel

Yes I know was a dumb mistake and lesson learn again!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
7 oil changes is a lot but at least it's running, I'd be cautious on how hard you run it until the majority of the water/oil was out, I'd only run it enough to mix it up so I could drain it again,

not familiar with the BRP engines, do you only suck from the top or do you have a drain option? (Yamaha you normally take from the top but they do have a drain at the very back hard to reach part of the engine)

How much oil are you getting out each change? How much does it hold when full ?

If you mix a quart of automatic transmission fluid that is supposed to help absorb water/moisture in the oil,

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
its a rotax motor 4tec and only can drain it from the dipstick. i am putting 4 quarts oil in and I run it for about 5-10 mins and cut off and drain it.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not familiar with the Rotax but keep doing what your doing, maybe run it a little longer now that you've gotten a majority of the water out. 5-10 minutes is not getting things hot enough to evaporate the water or getting the caked residue off of the internals of the engine.

Use the cheapest oils and filter while flushing and seafoam is your friend in helping clean the engine internally

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
should I take it out on the water and test it? or wait till the oil not milky?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
should I take it out on the water and test it? or wait till the oil not milky?
Whatever you comfortable doing is going to be the best for you.

If it were me & the oil's not white but has some brown to it I would take it out on the water for a short cruise at maybe 1/2 throttle or so. 5-10 minutes with a load will help get things cleaned up internally. If it is white, keep flushing the way you've been.

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
ok it looks like creamer for you coffee lol. I will keep changing it tonight maybe take it out tomorrow morning. Any other fluids I need to use instead of sea form.

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would just keep doing what you've been doing.

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
cool i will keep yall posted. Hopefully the check engine light goes off

Looper7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have had this issue on race motors when heat exchangers fail you have th get them good and warm to get the water to steam out but it will clear up and in a few years you will laugh about it. Best of luck

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
will the boat still be good after?

Kyle Mekulik

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Your going to fry your carbon ring and overheat your engine if you haven’t already if your doing this out of the water...The rotax service manual has exact instructions for a sunken engine...

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just curious, did you just launch it and dock it right then? Just trying to picture how this happened.

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I drop it in the lake Friday night and docked it right away than woke up Saturday remembering

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Anyone know how to test a ecm? I order Candoo code reader yesterday. But not where here in orlando fl will work on this boat.

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Update: Looks like now the boat saying no ECM data found and saying 0 hours on the boat. But when I turn the key it flashes the hours and turns off. any ideas what to look for? I check and replaced all fuse and relays, Battery's fully charged. Only thing I can think of is theres a short somewhere or the starter took a crap. Which Idk where that is located lol.

Please help lol

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just guessing but I would that if "No ECM Found" is coming up and it reads no hours that the ECM is fried. Did the water get deep enough to drown the ECM?

iMaFuXeR

Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
It did but the boat was running the other day on the lake and showes the hours sometimes

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yikes! It’s tempting to try to turn something on again right away after it gets wet. Best thing would have been to drain it, open all the fuse boxes, let all electrical stuff dry, spray with CorrosionX and then fire it up. May well need a new ECU as mentioned above. You should check on the GreenHulk forum and see if there is a service that repairs BRP ECM’s. Your drivetrain and engine electronics are all BRP, and are all found in Seadoo jet skis.

Winerocks

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Also, on the oil changes, once you suck it dry, start it for a split second and shut it down. Do this a couple of times. You will get another 1/2 quart out.