• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Issue with WetSounds system on 242X

Geauxalan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just purchased a new 2019 242X, and seem to have a problem with my tower speakers and sound bar. I am only hearing music through one of the tower speakers, and don’t think the sound bar is working either. I’ve gone through the manual and Connext screens and cannot find a way to test them or turn these speakers on/off. Ideas??
Thanks

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Take to the dealer, should be cover under warranty.🤙🏽

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just purchased a new 2019 242X, and seem to have a problem with my tower speakers and sound bar. I am only hearing music through one of the tower speakers, and don’t think the sound bar is working either. I’ve gone through the manual and Connext screens and cannot find a way to test them or turn these speakers on/off. Ideas??
Thanks
The real controls for the radio are in the head unit which is on the swim deck. More options there, than in Connext. Also, install the Fusion app on your phone. You can control some settings in there too.

WildCatFan54

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Does the Fusion app go by any other name ? Can't seem to find anything on the App Store (apple) when searching "Fusion" that looks like it controls audio.

Stan Marko

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hot sure if you have figured this out but, just some fyi for you. I have a 242X-E we purchased as a year end demo last year. Had problems with our audio from day one. First the 4 channel amp went, rear speakers, and the remote on transom fogging up. Dealer handled all of it under warranty. Fast forward to this summer, and the second amp (6 channel) went along with my starboard ballast bag(defective seam). We have the extended warranty from Yamaha and discovered that it does not cover the stereo components even though they are part of the standard build/package. Major thanks to our Dealer BMC Boats in Orlando for stepping up when they did not have to, and helping resolve the issue, but make sure you really check out your stereo issues while under your 1 year warranty as the 6 channel alone was about $1200 plus labor. Also helps if you take a video of the issue when it's happening to bring with you.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hot sure if you have figured this out but, just some fyi for you. I have a 242X-E we purchased as a year end demo last year. Had problems with our audio from day one. First the 4 channel amp went, rear speakers, and the remote on transom fogging up. Dealer handled all of it under warranty. Fast forward to this summer, and the second amp (6 channel) went along with my starboard ballast bag(defective seam). We have the extended warranty from Yamaha and discovered that it does not cover the stereo components even though they are part of the standard build/package. Major thanks to our Dealer BMC Boats in Orlando for stepping up when they did not have to, and helping resolve the issue, but make sure you really check out your stereo issues while under your 1 year warranty as the 6 channel alone was about $1200 plus labor. Also helps if you take a video of the issue when it's happening to bring with you.
Dang..... I just took out the OEM 6 channel out of my boat and set it aside. I would have sold it to you for $1000 🤣!

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with the people saying to take to the dealer. If you do want to check it out yourself. The 4 channel amp powers the tower speakers with the 6 channel amp powering all the deck speakers and the sub-woofer. I would suspect a loose pin or two in the connectors to the amplifier, since you do have partial sound on the tower.