• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

It's time to start the buy on a 2019 sx190,help!

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We decided that it is time to buy our new boat and so far not going so well. We need the galvanized trailer and there is none around here. Local dealer wants $1000 to upgrade and that's out of the question as I thought it was only a $400 difference. Most places in other states seem to not even charge for it. They gave me a price of $32800 out the door with the nice premium cover but that was with painted trailer. If they would do the same deal with a galvanized trailer and cover we would buy it. So does anyone know of any dealers fairly close to Indiana that might do deals like that? It would be worth it to save some cash and get what we want. Sure hope this works out for us as we are real excited about getting one!

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
one option will be to get the painted trailer and sale it for $1000+ and buy a aluminum.
@bronze_10 helped me out to buy a new aluminum trailer for my 240. Including taxes, travel to pick up and registration in Texas it ended up paying $2,180 for aluminum replacement. I bet if you are patient you might get one for yourself for close to $1500

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Good news from dealer.They gave me the original deal plus$400 for the trailer! I think we are going for it.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
alright, see you in BImini then

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh how cool would that be!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like you already have the deal done.

If however you are in southern IN, then I've found Yamaha of Louisville pretty good to deal with.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We decided that it is time to buy our new boat and so far not going so well. We need the galvanized trailer and there is none around here. Local dealer wants $1000 to upgrade and that's out of the question as I thought it was only a $400 differansce. Most places in other states seem to not even charge for it. They gave me a price of $32800 out the door with the nice premium cover but that was with painted trailer. If they would do the same deal with a galvanized trailer and cover we would buy it. So does anyone know of any dealers fairly close to Indiana that might do deals like that? It would be worth it to save some cash and get what we want. Sure hope this works out for us as we are real excited about getting one!
This is the best time of year to look for boat deals, no doubt!
Also keep in mind the boat shows are coming, good time to meet some regional dealers and they often have specials albeit not always the best prices.

--

Ando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats that's the same deal I was getting on a 2018 model. I ended up going with used ar230 though.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Holy cow,we did it,put down the deposit on a Sky Blue Sx190! They are ordering it tomorrow and should be in sometime in Jan. I’m excited and kind of freaking out spending that much $$$ lol. Hopefully we will make a lot of memories in her. Can anyone tell me the size dimensions of a anchor that will fit in the anchor locker up front? Now to start planing the mods

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on the boat! I felt the same way buying mine a few months ago.

One thing I have discovered in the last 3 months. I planned for cost of the boat, cost of insurance, and cost of fuel correctly. However, I greatly under estimated how much I would spend on extras from mods, life jackets, fishing gear, tubes, wakeboard, surf boards, chartplotter/fish finder...etc....and now I want to go to Bimini.

In other words. Buying the boat seems to be the cheap part everything else is what makes it expensive!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me the size dimensions of a anchor that will fit in the anchor locker up front?
Looks like you're just south of Indy. I've used a 15lb "Navy Anchor" from Bass Pro on several inland lakes and rivers with excellent success. Fist snugly inside the anchor locker on my '17 AR190

Last edited:

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didn’t answer your question...I have a Danforth anchor the dealer through in with the boat, had to cut an inch or so off each side for it to fit in the slot in the anchor locker. I also have an anchor a friend gave me, I think it’s a 15 or 20 lb anchor not sure the style name, it’s coated in rubber, works very well. All of this fits in the anchor locker with 150ft roll of anchor rope.

Rlc1z

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks everyone for all good information! Think I'm going to look for around a 10# fluke anchor for the front. Would like to get something that fits the brackets.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat @Rlc1z ! The Yamaha OEM anchor kit should fit right in the stock anchor locker. I have one and did not need to modify the ends at all. It uses a Danforth S600 anchor. I also carry a Slide Box anchor for times the Danforth anchor doesn't hold.

Last edited:

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine came with an anchor that fits perfectly inside the locker.

Maccam26

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
10lb danforth in fron locker brackets, it’s been fine