• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

J-Shaped seating swap out - Anyone ever do it?

bgood188

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Has anyone ever swapped out the captain chair for J-shaped seating with the lounger? I've quickly realized that the captain for the passenger is not perfect for us. I thought I had read before that someone did it.

I have a 212SS.

I would also be interested in seeing this done.

I went the other way. Pulled the convertible passenger seat and installed a second captain's seat. Blue SX240's for some reason, came with the convertible lounge configuration. I had the dealer change it over before I took delivery. I doubt, however, that my new and unused 3-cushion convertible would fit your 210. This was a mod my wife wanted and it works perfect for us.

You guys should measure and see if the 240 bench seat fits

The 240 seats colors won't match anything in the 212 series. We have priced it out for a few customers on the 19's but no one has gone for it. You are going the cheaper route by needing the bench seating instead of the other way around. On the 21's it really is only the cushion and a bracket or two. The captain's seat base is just screwed down and not bolted so you should be able to do the swap fairly easy.

Call around to your local upholstery shops for quotes to custom fab you a bench. I would guess its going to cost in the $1200 range.

What I see is the need for two cushions. One for the back rest and the other for the actual seat. I see no brackets as replacement parts so I'm not sure on nay brackets. The hull looks to be the same. I assume the new seat would sit on the hull like the other bench seats. Yes the back rest will need bolted on. Below is pic.

Also, the bench over the battery seems to be different part numbers which could cause an issue.
Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 10.34.31 AM.png

Another option, would be to find someone that had the other color with the other seating option, that wanted what you had...and swap out with them!

@bgood188 Has the cushion part numbers correct and they are collectively $1022.75 before taxes. There is also a $9 bracket that goes along the side wall as well for support. I'm sure a good Upholstery place could make you a cushion that fits your aft cushion setup for that amount. You may have to order the backrest cushion which is $142.80 before taxes. I also don't believe you have that grab handle either

Thanks @B_Mutter I ordered the cushions and the bracket hardware today for 550 which includes shipping. I'll post results when I get the parts.

I really want to do this too. Can't wait to hear how it turns out and what it takes to get this done.

Has anyone ever swapped out the captain chair for J-shaped seating with the lounger? I've quickly realized that the captain for the passenger is not perfect for us. I thought I had read before that someone did it.

I have a 212SS.
All you have to do is order the seat base from a 212x and remove your second captains chair.

Back