• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JBP THRUST VECTOR WAKE? Scary Sharp PROBLEM SOLVED

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I installed my single Engine Thrust vector wake by JBP and they came with these sharpe fangs between the fins. I’ve not seen them on any pics on there There site. But they came with side instructions saying it helps with spray. That’s a good thing I get it, but If anyone kicks them while swimming or playing back there it’s gonna ruin the day. If I saw these fangs on a picture of the T V Wake on JBPS site I don’t think I would buy them.
Any one have experience with theses on the single engine ? Do they produce a lot of spray with out them?I just don’t want see my kid getting hurt.995B39AF-6CA0-4BAA-BFFC-4A66ADFF1162.jpegD882052D-CED4-4C2C-B5CB-C41B079F6BA8.jpeg

Last edited:

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have the twin engine version with the single sided fang on them. There is nothing sharp about them. Yes, there is a point, but it's the farthest thing from sharp. Your kid would have to kick it intentionally to hit it before the fin.

I understand the worry, but seriously, this is still way better than a prop of an outdrive. and yes, they were added late in development, and do add to the enhancement.

capt

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Those fangs look like a different design then the ones I received. I agree with the op they do look like they have the potential to cause some unwanted damage compared to the ones I received during the early adopters sale.

If you are concerned reach out to Will at Jetboatpilot they have great customer service.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the twin engine version with the single sided fang on them. There is nothing sharp about them. Yes, there is a point, but it's the farthest thing from sharp. Your kid would have to kick it intentionally to hit it before the fin.

I understand the worry, but seriously, this is still way better than a prop of an outdrive. and yes, they were added late in development, and do add to the enhancement.
These are definitely sharp these are definitely sharp they are very thin the thickness of flashing sheet metal. Granted there is a plastic support under a portion of this it is still a very sharp. So I’m just curious If anybody out there has seen any promotional photos that have these added things on them. And I would definitely not put it Passed a swimming kid to accidentally hit this thing with their foot. I do plan on reaching out to Will and his team but I wanted to look around and see if anybody had any input opinions or information.108ECEB7-8587-421E-A61D-2E951ED9DA32.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you don't want to surf, but just want it for control and tubing spray, are the fangs necessary?

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you don't want to surf, but just want it for control and tubing spray, are the fangs necessary?
I think that’s what the things are mainly for is to control the spray.I was thinking about just popping them off at the lake and See if I need them for my particular application. I really got them just to reduce the No wake no wake speed wandering.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks for that additional photo, I could not see that in your first one. Yes, those are not on mine, just the fangs. For some reason I didn't see any difference in the first ones. It's worth asking.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I see your concern and understand it completely. We've not had an issue to date but are always looking to improve our products. The fangs really help with surf spray cleanup. At higher speeds they're not as critical because you're not surfing at higher speeds. If you remove them you'll just simply see a small bit of fine spray that comes out of the left and right side of the deflector. At the moment this is the best we have but we may be able to look into a revision if there is need.

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I appreciate you guys getting back to me. I did order the part in December. I am just curious if you have any images of this model on your new updated site or at any point to let customers know that this is what the product will look like in order to get best results.
I didn’t notice on your website it says as an advantage to the thrust vector wake is no sharp parts sticking out or protruding near swim deck. This is definitely not that. I would just remove them and deal with a little spray but knowing that I’m not getting premium performance out of this $400 part makes me a little bit bummed out. Maybe I should replace them with a safer option? What would you recommend as a safer replacement option? Being that I spend most of my time anchored in coves swimming and enjoying the ski deck.
I do recognize the purpose of this website is to obtain and provide quality information on a positive platform. I am definitely hoping to have positive results from this thread.
8B1C0F96-CE9A-4CAF-823B-B7DF66E7D4F4.png9728B41A-8AAE-40B4-8D92-7255E3526827.png

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I see your concern and understand it completely. We've not had an issue to date but are always looking to improve our products. The fangs really help with surf spray cleanup. At higher speeds they're not as critical because you're not surfing at higher speeds. If you remove them you'll just simply see a small bit of fine spray that comes out of the left and right side of the deflector. At the moment this is the best we have but we may be able to look into a revision if there is need.
I’m not sure if revisions need to be made to your product or to your site, but I feel some clarity will help resolve any of these issues in the future.
Anyhow I’m not sure what your company’s return policy is but let me know what a safer option for improved steering would be thank you Will.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m not sure if revisions need to be made to your product or to your site, but I feel some clarity will help resolve any of these issues in the future.
Anyhow I’m not sure what your company’s return policy is but let me know what a safer option for improved steering would be thank you Will.
Regular Thrust vectors or cobra steering basically would be the options for just steering. If you do a search for fins. A lot of threads will pop up.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Call us on Monday and we'll work on a solution for you. 8508671410

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's our solution for Thrust Vector Wake Single users that may be concerned with the sheet metal part included with the kit. We've basically combined the logo plate with the fang overhang part into one piece of black starboard material which features the Thrust Vector Wake logo.

Anyone who is interested in this part please contact us and we'll get one out to you at no charge if you'll pay the shipping charge.20200330_103043.jpg

Yamadale

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's our solution for Thrust Vector Wake Single users that may be concerned with the sheet metal part included with the kit. We've basically combined the logo plate with the fang overhang part into one piece of black starboard material which features the Thrust Vector Wake logo.

Anyone who is interested in this part please contact us and we'll get one out to you at no charge if you'll pay the shipping charge.View attachment 114787
That looks better in black and fixes my safety concerns THANKS JBP

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length