• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon pricing...

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Jeeps are cool and the removable doors are unbeatable.

I’ve just never thought they were very practical compared to Toyota’s 4x4 offerings for my needs.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I spent two years looking for a used wrangler with a manual transmission that didn’t have 100k miles on it. I finally ordered one from my local dealer. Honestly, I was able to negotiate a better price than anything the dealers had on their lots. Its also nice to order only the options you want. It’s a longer process, but worth the wait.
Very cool!
How recent was your order/purchase, if you don't mind sharing.

gmac03

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just saw a used 2022 two door Rubi 6 speed manual for sale locally for 45k. They’re out there if you look. 🤷‍♂️

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1C4HJXCG3NW158483 this one?
shown with stock pics, as a lot of them are.
It's like chasing shadows, unless one can actually see it in the lot and drive it.

Last edited:

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
would consider this one for a road trip as it is not too far, checks most boxes.
Still looking at another one closer to us; priced slightly higher but loaded with just about every option... would easily spec over 10k in suspension package plus fenders, lights, lather, heated everything, etc., which is how they do it...
will see - the hunt goes on...

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
We just bought a High Altitude 4XE in December. If she can live with auto... the 4XE blows away all other Wranglers when it comes to driving comfort, having electric is a plus but if money is an issue that is an instant $7500 off (your state may have more rebates).

Our 4XE has blown away our expectations in every way. I've driven tons of Jeeps, and they have all been crap (in regards to drive quality) IMO. This has been a complete game changer.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just bought a High Altitude 4XE in December. If she can live with auto... the 4XE blows away all other Wranglers when it comes to driving comfort, having electric is a plus but if money is an issue that is an instant $7500 off (your state may have more rebates).

Our 4XE has blown away our expectations in every way. I've driven tons of Jeeps, and they have all been crap (in regards to drive quality) IMO. This has been a complete game changer.
That High Altitude 4XE model is awesome, AND currently would be less expensive than what we are after... Seems more drivable, too, another plus...

Unfortunately, manual transmission is a non-negotiable item in my case.

As an aside, I admire you making it sound like purchasing a jeep wrangler is a well reasoned, solid decision, and I actually find it convincing.

My case is different, it is a case of making an emotional decision, albeit an unapologetic one.

Saving grace for my process? if there even is any? Well, maybe, a weak one - we are repositioning cash assets from a classic Parker boat into a classic jeep... lol.

Troch1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Any interest in the 2 door manual trans Bronco? Having driven both Jeeps and Broncos extensively on-road, the Bronco is light years ahead in handling and comfort. I have no experience in “real” off-reading/rock crawling.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any interest in the 2 door manual trans Bronco? Having driven both Jeeps and Broncos extensively on-road, the Bronco is light years ahead in handling and comfort. I have no experience in “real” off-reading/rock crawling.
I'm afraid not.
That Wrangler thing has been Kate's love affair, life long, I'm just an enabler.

jlcj7

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, maybe not if one considered those new 392s!!!
i have casually been thinking about trading my raptor for the 392. Honestly the gas mileage is (almost) a killer but honestly the biggest concern I have is the shear number of gently used 392s for sale. Seems to imply many people trade them in after about 1 oil change.

I had a 2door rubicon and loved it. I did a lot of off-roading but still barely used it to its full capability. I agree with what many others have said if you won’t use all those rubicon features get a lower trim model (do as I say not as I do as I have a raptor that has never seen dirt).

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
EDIT: I would like to thank everyone for their advice, it is very much appreciated!

It's done.
1649526465473.jpeg
1649526486764.jpeg

Someone's happy.
1649526506847.jpeg

This turned out to be a (relatively lucky) rare find, and we put a deposit immediately when it hit the dealer, on day 1; crazy as it sounds, it was probably our best move.
I will say, it's a sweet ride as far as jeep.
over 55k otd, ouch.