• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet black

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It was a long day with replacing the intermediate bearing and impeller housings to the plastic insert version. I had to pull the engine to replace the bearing so I took the opportunity to clean up the engine bay. While I had the jet pumps apart, I also used this opportunity to paint them black. I know that you don't see them when they are in the water but it sure looks nicer on the trailer.

This is an easy job but getting pump parts separated and working in the engine bay is challenging. It is over now, impellers turn, engine is aligned, etc. feels good to have done this and feels better to have it behind me. image.jpg

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sounds like a very productive day!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Painting them does clean everything up nicely. I prefer the polished look, but paint is sooo much less work! good job, and glad you're ready to get on the water!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that I need to replace my intermediate bearing also. What's involved in aligning the engines after moving them to install the bearings?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Murf'n'surf , I don't know the procedure for removing the bearing on your boat and whether you even have to move the engine forward. On the LS/LX this is necessary. The engine mounts have shims and I just marked where the shim was before removing each mount so that I could put the engine back in place exactly as it was. There are also specs outlined in the service manual that you can measure with a feeler gauge.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@4x15mph (aka 60mph ;), I good with math) The painted nozzles look great. You should be all ready to go now!!!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Time to start on the Yamaha 242LS Blackout Edition! Aka Murdered for the car fanatics!

What brand/type of paint did you use?

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
Good job!!! The paint looks nice , cleans it up nice.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ummm Where are these bearings even located???
Just aft of the motors. These are the bearings that are supposed to be greased via the zerk at oil changes. This housing is where the pump shaft meets with a short shaft that connects to the motor itself. Inside the housing there are bearings and o rings that seal out the outside water.

Andy S

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I did the same thing on my 2007 SX 230 while I was installing my Thrust Vector XL and filling the holes left by my old Cobra fins. My process was to sand bucket and nozzle with 220 grit sand paper. Then I painted them with mar-hyde self-etching primer. After the primer dried I light sanded each piece and then paint them with Rustolem gloss black paint. So far after 1 complete boating season which included 5 days of continuous salt water exposure, they still lock great.

Transom 1.jpg