• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet Boating Ocean City, MD

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I’m here now. The condo we rented has a wet slip so I’ve been using that. It took a day or two to figure out how to tie up and accommodate for tides but I’ve got it set up nice and easy now, after I bought some more dock lines. I dropped it in on Tuesday morning and there were three trucks in the public ramp lot including mine. The condo association couldn’t figure out how to get my trailer a temporary sticker because they just changed ownership and family members that own condos here told me they either never tow or will give plenty of warning so I just winged it and took the last spot in the trailer lot. So far so good.

Unfortunately the rubber window stopper on the windshield tore through my 2 year old cover during the wind that’s pretty constant here so I had to fix that with some canvas repair which actually seemed to work pretty well. This is the same place my last cover ripped so reinforcing that before it got worse was a good idea I should’ve done earlier. It probably would’ve been fine had I been able to completely install the mooring cover with the poles but that’s impossible in a wet slip with the bow side in.

The weather hasn’t been great as my family hates the chop so two days we never even went south of the bridge and just rode around for a little while. Wednesday was just way too windy so I didn’t even bother. Today was decent so we went down to Assateague and had a really good time. This is going to wind up me bringing a boat here every time on our annual trips. It also will likely end up I switch boats to something I can wet slip back home. All in all definitely worth it.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I should have taken a picture of my chartplotter breadcrumb route, I still maintain I’m not sure I’d have done that or been able to make it being an out of towner through that crazy route to keep from running aground.