• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jet wash

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This might have been said before .is there anything out there that will knock the jet wash down or clean it up?I have a 2007 ar 230 when skiing today the jet wash was horrible .and does any one have any experience with the scarab wake maker add on ?

fireflymedic

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Think I read somewhere on the new x models they aim the jets down to help. Not sure if anyone has tried moving them on a non x and seeing how much it effects the performance but maybe someone can try it.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I remember someone having a 2 degree wedge made and installed on the nozzle to reduce the wash. I can't remember who that was though.

I ride a wakeskate behind my AR190 often, and I've skied behind a jet before. The wash is rough at best. I found the easiest solution is simply to stay out of the wake. On a standard 60ft rope there is enough space for a skier just to either side of the wash before having to actually cross the wake. If you're just learning you should be able to quickly figure out how to change direction and stay slightly off center. Once you get the hang of that, get completely out of the wake. The flat water is significantly smoother (and IMO more fun anyway).

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have skied for years and have seen the the toe in .I'm just wondering for a all round thing for making the wash better for tubing and skiing .I was also wondering about the scarab wake maker and if it works.i also saw something about using a cover or something to knock the wash down

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I remember someone having a 2 degree wedge made and installed on the nozzle to reduce the wash. I can't remember who that was though.

I ride a wakeskate behind my AR190 often, and I've skied behind a jet before. The wash is rough at best. I found the easiest solution is simply to stay out of the wake. On a standard 60ft rope there is enough space for a skier just to either side of the wash before having to actually cross the wake. If you're just learning you should be able to quickly figure out how to change direction and stay slightly off center. Once you get the hang of that, get completely out of the wake. The flat water is significantly smoother (and IMO more fun anyway).
I have a 2 degree up wedge, but you can also get them in down.
I think it was Leo or someone on Greenhulk that makes them.
I wanted up to see if trimming up slightly would do anything for the boats.
You go ahead and trim it down for no wash, I like it trimmed slightly up so I can spray farther, lol!

I still have no idea why Yamaha puts trimmable nozzles on the ski's and not the boats.
Kinda backwards because if one has it they should both have it. Not like a whole lotta R&D into it.
I actually looked at it with my father in law today out on Lake Michigan.
Had a ski that had it next to us. He works at a machine shop too.
I heard recently that the outboards use the same throttles we have and the blank rectangles in front is where the trim goes for them. That should be easily attainable parts?

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Speedling did you find any improvement with the trim up wedge?
I have always contimplated this but never did

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2 degree up wedge, but you can also get them in down.
I think it was Leo or someone on Greenhulk that makes them.
I wanted up to see if trimming up slightly would do anything for the boats.
You go ahead and trim it down for no wash, I like it trimmed slightly up so I can spray farther, lol!

I still have no idea why Yamaha puts trimmable nozzles on the ski's and not the boats.
Kinda backwards because if one has it they should both have it. Not like a whole lotta R&D into it.
I actually looked at it with my father in law today out on Lake Michigan.
Had a ski that had it next to us. He works at a machine shop too.
I heard recently that the outboards use the same throttles we have and the blank rectangles in front is where the trim goes for them. That should be easily attainable parts?
Here is a thread where someone modified a single for the Yamaha stock trimable nozzle

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
1. Get everyone out of the bow.
2. Try shimming your ride plate or plates to get the bow up.
3. Add pump wedge (this might cost some speed)
4. Add adjustable trim

boudin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A wedge is going to be a lot easier than retrofitting a waverunner trim system, and accomplish the same thing--just not adjustable. I've found with waverunner trims, I tend to leave them in one position that works well and rarely change it.

It's true a lot of the Yamaha parts interchange. On the Yamaha SUV/VX conversions, I use 2010+ VX bearing housing, drive shafts and pumps on 2000 SUVs. Everything bolts up perfectly, even with the stock SUV nozzle and reverse bucket. Just gives you an idea of the interchangeability of the Yamaha pump parts.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=260189

-Greg

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
@Speedling did you find any improvement with the trim up wedge?
I have always contimplated this but never did
If it does anything it isn't much. Mine are 2 degree up which is what a lot of skis did for a bit of speed to try and nose up a bit and have a little less hull in the water. If it raised the bow any or gained me any speed, my tower negated that right away.
It does let me spray water on the dock a bit easier!

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was wondering if any one has try something like the chapparal Arial shape platform .I saw somewhere someone was trying to push the jet wash down with a rubber belt or something