• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JETBOATERS App

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
go to jetboaters.net homepage on Safari. then click the square with an up arrow on the lower menu bar, then choose "add to homescreen". done.
Ah, never uses Safari (Google guy). Thank you for pointing that out. Never knew...thank you!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The shortcut is what I do. You can of course save it to your browser shortcuts in any of the mobile phones regardless of OS. ;)

Diana24

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can create a shortcut icon to your phone which mimics an APP. On iphone for example, you "Add the startup website" to your homescreen. Boom, click that and you are on jetboaters.net
Thats what i did with my note 9.. just added a shortcut to my homescreen

Attachments

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
That's the ticket! Works great. Thanks everyone.

Nick Hughes

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I write apps for a living, so I'm a big proponent OF creating apps, but there has to be compelling reasons for a user to download your app. What are the differentiating features of an app that a website doesn't have? Tapatalk is a pretty big forum based app that compiles all forums under their platform, I have it and use it. The only reason I have it is for push notifications, more in my face alerts to topics/threads I follow. I could skin jetboaters.net in an app in about 30 mins and have it published to the Apple App Store in 24 hours, the Play Store in 1 hour. But it's pointless without native integration to add differentiating features. Not to mention, Apple won't approve an app that simply skins a website, they'll say to use a Homescreen bookmark. Google doesn't give 2 shits, I run the DSW app and we have imposters skinning our website all the time and have to send cease and desist letters to them.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You can create a shortcut icon to your phone which mimics an APP. On iphone for example, you "Add the startup website" to your homescreen. Boom, click that and you are on jetboaters.net
Thanks! I didn't know about this; its' awsome! And yes, I am over 60, so I give myself a buy. Thanks again!

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I struggle with justifying the expense of an app as well, especially as the new update definitely makes the mobile website even better!

Though there are a few things about useability that may be even more improved with an app, I think for me the stand out feature that would make a difference would be native notifications. I know we can get email notifications, but I find those get lost in my junk.

At this point, navigating to the site and seeing if I have any notifications is good enough for me, but I know I would be even more engaged if I had responses and new posts on my lock screen and red telltales on my home screen!

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
At this point, navigating to the site and seeing if I have any notifications is good enough for me, but I know I would be even more engaged if I had responses and new posts on my lock screen and red telltales on my home screen!
Not sure about that. I’d never get anything done at work, if I was getting notifications. It’s bad enough as it is. :)