• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Lateral Thruster / Thrust Vector Group Buy 2018

Christopher Dobrosky

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I finally got to install the TV and LT on my 18 SX195 yesterday and was able to run it over to a local lake to try it and my early review is that I like them a lot! the LT make a HUGE difference when you're trying to turn in reverse and the low speed steering of the TV. Worth the money for sure!

Installation wasn't quite as easy as Will makes it seem in the video but if I had to put another set on, i'd be MUCH faster than I was this time. Still, only took maybe 90ish minutes of actual time to install and the TV were only 20 minutes of that.

Here are my lessons learned:
1. buy the right snap ring pliers. I got a cheap set of universal ones at harbor freight were too bulky to get the ring back on. Make sure that you have a slender pair of 45 degrees to make it easier. I ended up having to run out to find a good pair which took some of my afternoon.
2. Leave everything loose and tighten at the end. My dad was a little over zealous about screwing stuff in, and I ended up having to back everything out a bit to get everything to line up properly. Will mentions this in the video, but Pops couldn't be bothered to watch it.
3. LT first, TV second. Will covers this too, but would have made it harder the other way around.

3udTACrQS+eDHxk4BIVxng.jpg eJ4IA80wQpmep66kfvO1FQ.jpg uyIkyrJVRniOCRbgaLrXEA.jpg

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well, after a couple hour fight the LT is in.. what I realized was my skid plate/ rudder Mount left me no room to install LT .. I removed nozzle, loosened skid plate and installed LT on nozzle off of the boat and then reinstalled.. yes I forgot to place bottom 2 nozzle housing bolts (as Will advises that you not forget in his video)... oh well it was good practice.. a thank you Will for responding to late night text about my issue..AB44E1F1-86B3-4926-8F29-6FC80B0BC621.jpegEEBB1E4B-E6CF-4570-A0A0-1EB903B384DA.jpeg

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well.. I missed it. I had to divert those funds to some vehicle repairs and a set of tires gor my son's truck... Oh well. . There is always next year.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well.. I missed it. I had to divert those funds to some vehicle repairs and a set of tires gor my son's truck... Oh well. . There is always next year.
I bought a set just Incase I decide to try them I’m not 100% sure I going to install yet so you maybe able to pick my set up over the off season.

biglar155

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bummer.

I almost had to take a pass myself. Had an unexpected hot water tank failure a couple of days after Will announced the deal. When the deal hit 35% I managed to convince The Admiral that it was too good to pass up.

We've only managed to get out ONCE this year (graduation party, hauling daughter to KY for college, and crappy spring weather conspired against me) so my argument was that we didn't use much out of the boat gas budget. She was in.

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot kinda bummed I haven't received my LT and TV yet. It would have been great to be able to play with them these last two weekends. Ordered 8/17, paid 8/21. Seems like others are getting pretty quick turn around times. Any chance they got lost in the mail? Would you have a tracking number for my order? Thanks

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks to everyone that bought, so I could get 35% off!!!!

Snofire

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Dam. I missed it...

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot kinda bummed I haven't received my LT and TV yet. It would have been great to be able to play with them these last two weekends. Ordered 8/17, paid 8/21. Seems like others are getting pretty quick turn around times. Any chance they got lost in the mail? Would you have a tracking number for my order? Thanks
Did someone from my office reach out to you?

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Honey Badger did you order a two tone set of TV?

I ordered the black with white lettering and there was a two week lead time on those. That may also apply to other two tone TV.

Honey Badger

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Honey Badger did you order a two tone set of TV?

I ordered the black with white lettering and there was a two week lead time on those. That may also apply to other two tone TV.
I didn't intend to order a two tone set of TV's. Just said I wanted black. Emailed Will back, so hopefully I hear something tomorrow. I want to play with my new toys. Haha.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Chalk me up to another person who has yet to recieve their TV's... Or even get notification of shipment.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Chalk me up to another person who has yet to recieve their TV's... Or even get notification of shipment.
We have parts on backorder but looks like they will get here today or tomorrow. Should be shipping this week. Sorry but we had a vendor change their policy on order fulfillment from 4 weeks to 10 weeks during the middle of our most recent order. We thought parts would be here weeks ago but due to their failure to communicate with us we've been left scrambling to make the parts in house. Sorry for the delay.

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I posted, then saw your post about calling. Everything seems in order now. I also asked for a sample of the two seadek colors my 2015 should have so that I can see which color I have on my boat.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I didn't intend to order a two tone set of TV's. Just said I wanted black. Emailed Will back, so hopefully I hear something tomorrow. I want to play with my new toys. Haha.
See above reply.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I posted, then saw your post about calling. Everything seems in order now. I also asked for a sample of the two seadek colors my 2015 should have so that I can see which color I have on my boat.
If I am not mistaken the color SeaDek on Yamaha boats from 2015-2016 is Storm Gray Over Black. The color for Hydroturf is Charcoal Gray. The color on 2017-2019 Yamaha 24 footers is Smoke Gray Over Black and in some cases Chocolate over Black and Cool Gray Over Black(lighter gray).

LukePrinsloo

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I am not mistaken the color SeaDek on Yamaha boats from 2015-2016 is Storm Gray Over Black. The color for Hydroturf is Charcoal Gray. The color on 2017-2019 Yamaha 24 footers is Smoke Gray Over Black and in some cases Chocolate over Black and Cool Gray Over Black(lighter gray).
I bought the boat used, the boat was a boat show model that the dealer hand installed hydroturf or seadek on. It's definetly over black and a light grey color. I'm only ordering optional pieces so I'd like to be sure before I order.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If its gray with black lines it is storm gray over black. If you have pictures I can confirm.