• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Major Product Release Coming Very Soon!!

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyeone live in Florida near @JetBoatPilot that can setup some spy cams to get us more info? :)
I live 15 mins away from their shop, but like @fireflymedic said, its all inside now. I've even offered Will my boat to use for test fitting, but he didn't take me up on it.. but if that happened, I wouldn't be able to tell anyone about it anyway.

I've even gone as far as trying to search patent applications, but haven't found anything. (then again, I probably don't know what I'm doing)

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I live 15 mins away from their shop, but like @fireflymedic I've even gone as far as trying to search patent applications, but haven't found anything. (then again, I probably don't know what I'm doing)
You're probably doing it right. . . . . doesn't sound like it has been filed yet.

Sorry to drag this out but our attorney won't let us let the cat out of the bag until the language is just right and the application has been filed. Hopefully early August we'll be able to show video footage.

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That makes sense. I remember reading the "language just right part" but not that the patent hadn't been filed yet.

I'm excited!

VAMDE

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mod to turn a 21' boat into a 24' boat?

Seriously, it's gotta be something bucket/trim/steering related.

druppert

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll throw my penniless bet on a reverse bucket as well. There's another dealer here in FL who designed a Rotax style bucket for Yamahas. I almost forked over the $1700 for it when I bought the boat but decided against it as it seemed clunky. I was unsure whether I needed it or how it would hold up give it looked like it was 4-5x the size of the OEM bucket. If it is a reverse bucket I'm interested to see how the design compares to the one I saw in January

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

RampRage

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Some sort of true neutral contraption.... this might have already been mentioned I didn't read all of the posts.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe large fins that stick out from the side to act like a brake... it may e one at a time to make it turn even sharper! Or maybe it has so.ethi g to do with @swatski alleged tower mishap... I think he is in on it and had to cover it up by saying his tower fell... it's all a conspiracy!!!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Maybe large fins that stick out from the side to act like a brake... it may e one at a time to make it turn even sharper! Or maybe it has so.ethi g to do with @swatski alleged tower mishap... I think he is in on it and had to cover it up by saying his tower fell... it's all a conspiracy!!!
Seadoo has these type of fins on their pwc' s so that's probably patented already.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ok so where are we at so far?
  • Will said it has nothing to do with Seadek
  • I seriously doubt it's a "true neutral" as that can only be achieved by a gear system placed internally into the drive train.
  • Will stated that he has been looking into trim tabs but this release isn't it.
  • @haknslash posted that adjustable nozzles are already available
  • Will talked about "test" and "videos" so a simple install item (plug and go refrigerator) is out of the question.
This must be a performance "must have" modification.

Hydrofoils!!! :winkingthumbsup"

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok so where are we at so far?
  • Will said it has nothing to do with Seadek
  • I seriously doubt it's a "true neutral" as that can only be achieved by a gear system placed internally into the drive train.
  • Will stated that he has been looking into trim tabs but this release isn't it.
  • @haknslash posted that adjustable nozzles are already available
  • Will talked about "test" and "videos" so a simple install item (plug and go refrigerator) is out of the question.
This must be a performance "must have" modification.

Hydrofoils!!! :winkingthumbsup"
The only thing that makes sense is something jet nozzle related since that's the same across all boats, think Thrust Vectors, but different

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think someone said it before..... adjustable trim. Yes I would buy it!!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Maybe will has designed a holding tank for my famous willamette river water so everyone can get an amazing wake without any wedge!

IMG_2033.JPG

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
A shaft to cover the impeller shaft like the brp products?
I like the new reverse gate idea too but it would take a second look just to be sure thrust vectors work with them.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You know what wouldn't work with a bigger reverse gate......the Wake Wedge. That is one of the main reason why I cannot build one for the Scarab, Chap people.

arlowe13

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Snap-in SeaDek?