• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Status Update

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey guys and gals, I finally got some news about our facility today and wanted to keep all of you in the loop.

It's been two weeks since a Catgory 4 hurricane basically wiped out most of Panama City, our home town, and Mexico Beach Florida. During that time all essential services such as water, power, sewer, internet, phone and roadways were shut down and in many places are still shut down today.

We got some good news and some bad news this week. The good news was that my home was virtually untouched during the storm and we got power back yesterday, a miracle in my opinion. The bad news is that our shop took more of a hit than we originally were told and we are still without power, water, sewer, phone, internet, and shipping services.

To make things worse we were informed by my landlord today that we will not be allowed to get back in the building to begin cleanup and resume operations until a structural engineer clears the building as safe to occupy.

This news was particularly devastating because we do not have the luxury of simply shutting down operations indefinitely. We have 11 employees who are in need of jobs and if we dont get them back working soon we're in jeopardy of losing them to out of town jobs.

If you or anyone you know has information about a new facility for JBP to buy or lease in the Panama City, Florida area, here is what we need.

Light Industrial Zoning or C3.
15000sf minimum but would prefer 25000-30000sf.
Three Phase Power
Minimum 2000 SF Office Space
Loading Dock Preferrable

We appreciate all the prayers and well wishes during the past few weeks. We still need much prayer and when you pray we simply ask that we be granted wisdom to make good choices as we move forward.

Thank you again for all your support! We will rebuild and we will be back stronger than before!

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I saw there was a bit of block in that structure if i recall. Steel wall otherwise?
If the structural steel is intact it may be a patchwork on the block situation and some new wall panelling.
Keep us informed!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes mostly steel beams and some block at the base of the walls. The biggest problem now is the rain pouring in on all of the electrical and our landlord won't fix the sky lights to mitigate the damage.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can you get in there with some tarps as a temp fix to save your equipment? I think you've got some CNC stuff, and I'm sure all the light electronics to operate that. Just getting the rain off it would help I would think, although at 2 weeks in it might be a lost cause.....That sucks.....

I can find space in Louisville pretty easily (have some friends in commercial Real Estate), but I doubt you want to move this far. I'll ask them anyway and see if they know anyone in that area.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Landlord may be looking for the insurance claim more than looking for your business to succeed.
I would see what it would take to buy your own smaller place and build up.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
An attorney friend is reviewing our lease right now. Hopefully we'll have answers on Monday.