• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JetBoatPilot Thrust vector review 2019 FSH 210. *Beware*

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would give an honest review of the thrust vector from JetBoatPilot on my 2019 FSH 210. Install was relatively straight forward.

I feel that turning is night and day, it really grabs on turns in comparison to stock. We also wakeboard and hydrofoil behind the boat and the wake is noticeably cleaner/bigger. You can easily cruise without a rope which makes this boat so appealing especially coming from a Mastercraft.

I really felt the need to right this review because I do have one MAJOR complaint. The Thrustvector jet wash deflector has been nothing short of a headache on my 210. I noticed in the Jetboatpilot install video, the ladder on his example boat does not have a spring at the base like the 210 has. This causes the deflector to not fit as snug on the ladder as the example boat (wish I had known this prior to purchasing). I called and left a message last week with no response back. We dropped the boat in the water with the jet wash deflector installed even though it wasn't sitting completely flush since I was tired of waiting for a phone call back. After about 10 minutes, the deflector became undone and hit the edge of the thrustvector on the left jet leaving a scratch (attached photos below). Me being a neat freak, I am quite frustrated that the jetwash deflector was a cause of this scratch, luckily it didn't bend the thrustvector. I understand we are going through a hectic time with COVID-19, but a phone call back would have been greatly appreciated from Jetboatpilot. For those of you out there on the fence about buying the thrustvectors, do it. You will not be disappointed, just be very cautious when installing the deflector so you don't end up scratching or damaging your thrustvectors like I did.

Jetboatpilot, if you see this feel free to reach out here or call me back.

Stay safe everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_0743.jpg
    IMG_0743.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0742 (1).jpg
    IMG_0742 (1).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 127
Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would give an honest review of the thrust vector from JetBoatPilot on my 2019 FSH 210. Install was relatively straight forward.

I feel that turning is night and day, it really grabs on turns in comparison to stock. We also wakeboard and hydrofoil behind the boat and the wake is noticeably cleaner/bigger. You can easily cruise without a rope which makes this boat so appealing especially coming from a Mastercraft.

I really felt the need to right this review because I do have one MAJOR complaint. The Thrustvector jet wash deflector has been nothing short of a headache on my 210. I noticed in the Jetboatpilot install video, the ladder on his example boat does not have a spring at the base like the 210 has. This causes the deflector to not fit as snug on the ladder as the example boat (wish I had known this prior to purchasing). I called and left a message last week with no response back. We dropped the boat in the water with the jet wash deflector installed even though it wasn't sitting completely flush since I was tired of waiting for a phone call back. After about 10 minutes, the deflector became undone and hit the edge of the thrustvector on the left jet leaving a scratch (attached photos below). Me being a neat freak, I am quite frustrated that the jetwash deflector was a cause of this scratch, luckily it didn't bend the thrustvector. I understand we are going through a hectic time with COVID-19, but a phone call back would have been greatly appreciated from Jetboatpilot. For those of you out there on the fence about buying the thrustvectors, do it. You will not be disappointed, just be very cautious when installing the deflector so you don't end up scratching or damaging your thrustvectors like I did.

Jetboatpilot, if you see this feel free to reach out here or call me back.

Stay safe everyone!
@JetBoatPilot Will has normally been very responsive with any of my concerns or questions. I have the same set up and plan to install this coming week. I had the thrust vectors installed by the dealer and am upgrading to the TVW (They were not available when I bought the boat). Thank you for the heads up. I will comment after I get mine installed.

On a side note, they have pretty much stopped production of boating equipment and have converted their operation temporarily to help out the healthcare industry by making face shields to protect the health care workers in this trying time. I'm sure Will will get back to you about your concerns soon. I don't think he is blowing you off.

Just be patient. They are a good team. I had an issue with my TVWake and they redesigned a part for it at my request. I’m very happy with the service. Thread is TVWake scary sharp.

I just saw this. I've been super busy with the launch of the face shields we're providing for the medical community. Please call me on my cell phone at 850-960-3236 and I'll work with you. The new 2020 ladders are different and we've yet to test fit our product on the 2020 ladder. We'll be glad to make the changes you need. I did some measuring on the device early in the year and felt like it was going to be close but honestly have not been able to devote more time to it given the crisis.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

@JetBoatPilot Will has normally been very responsive with any of my concerns or questions. I have the same set up and plan to install this coming week. I had the thrust vectors installed by the dealer and am upgrading to the TVW (They were not available when I bought the boat). Thank you for the heads up. I will comment after I get mine installed.

On a side note, they have pretty much stopped production of boating equipment and have converted their operation temporarily to help out the healthcare industry by making face shields to protect the health care workers in this trying time. I'm sure Will will get back to you about your concerns soon. I don't think he is blowing you off.
Finally got around to installing yesterday. Since my install was an upgrade, I had the added "fun" of removing the old epoxied on spring catch thing from the plain TV's. When upgrading to the TVW's, the spring catch/upstop is different and there are 2 per jet nozzle. I called Will and he gave me some good advice to remove the old epoxied on parts. Once that was done, the install was a breeze. It snowed about 6" overnight and is still flurrying so it will be Monday or Tuesday (based on the forcast) before I can give e them a test run. ?
I also upgraded my amp and whoa momma!.!.!.!.! Big difference. Now I need to upgrade the stock speakers (eventually) to utilize the full potential of the new 5 channel amp.
20200416_143431.jpg20200416_143513.jpg

@bolivas you did just an amp? No other upgrades? I’ve been back and forth over sound upgrades, sub first speakers first, idk.

@bolivas you did just an amp? No other upgrades? I’ve been back and forth over sound upgrades, sub first speakers first, idk.
I added two tower speakers last spring and a waaaaay underpowered single channel amp. I replaced the POS amp with a 3700W 5 channel amp and am using 2 channels for the tower speakers with plans to utilize the remaining channels in the near future. With the new amp, the tower speakers are night and day. Next step will be to upgrade the stock speakers and maybe get a sub. I do like the bass, but on the water I want to still be conscious of others on the water.

Back