• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL Audio MHX300/1 on Sale for $99

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I used this to power a 10 inch JL Sub in my last boat and I'm starting to piece together my up grade for the current boat and ran across this through cruthfield for $99. It worked great in my last boat and sounded awesome power the one sub. I picked it up again now just have a good 4 channel amp to finish the amps off.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_13698402/JL-Audio-MHX300-1.html?tp=61752

Attachments

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Funny I just ran across this online and had the same thought.
Thinking of using this for my 10" sub also
I would think you could power 2 subs with this?
You had time to play with it, thoughts?

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do not need to add a sub. I do not need to add a sub. I do not need to add a sub.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Funny I just ran across this online and had the same thought.
Thinking of using this for my 10" sub also
I would think you could power 2 subs with this?
You had time to play with it, thoughts?
I have had two of them. One in the old boat and one in this boat they do good and yes with two 4 ohm subs you could wire in a 2 ohm set up on this amp. I plan to add another sub next year and will not replace the amp.

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have had two of them. One in the old boat and one in this boat they do good and yes with two 4 ohm subs you could wire in a 2 ohm set up on this amp. I plan to add another sub next year and will not replace the amp.
Do ever feel you need more power?

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hector

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do ever feel you need more power?
Lol this is a trick question. I'm running a JL 10 IB3 and this amp produce more power on a bench test then its rated for so it already exceeds the subwoofers power handling so no I don't feel the need for more power in my set up. More bass sometime yes but that requires more speakers not more power for me. If you sub woofers power handling exceeds the specs on this yes I would like for a stronger amp.

I've had that on my Amazon list since September, it's always been a hundred bucks. It's only 160w rms @4ohm. This is 20 more and is 250rms
JX250/1 - JL Audio Monoblock 250W RMS 500W Class A/B Amplifier https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004FEIXRY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_hSuXAbJ12KXDE

Nevermind, looks like that is rated at 2ohm too! Chatting bastards!
I saw you just posted never mind lol. These have very similar specs in 4 ohm the JX250 produces 15 more watts but in 2 ohm the 300/1 produces 50 more watts so its great for running 2 JL 10 IB3's at their peak handling. Biggest differences between the two is the 300/1 is a class D amp which runs cooler and more power efficient then the Class A/B JX250/1 both which our important in our type if marine setups. Also the 300/1 is a marine rated amp with the internal circuits coated the JX250/1 is a car amp and will be prone to deteriorate with the marine elements.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Eh, I've been running car amps in boats since the early 90s in salt water slipped boats. Never had a failure. I agree that class d is better, but I'm not playing the boat stereo all day with the engines off. Maybe this is a sign that i need to buy one more jl10 ib!

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Mine came in yesterday, waiting on my JL 600/6 now

Benny Sibbitt

Jetboaters Commander