• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL Audio Tower SlamPak

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me specifically (or have a copy or the included parts list) of what is in the box.

2015 AR240 - PART # - sbt-jltrk-60-bk

They appear to be back ordered though Yamaha until mid-May and I was hoping to see if I could source the items independently.

Obviously I know of the speakers, the amp and the mounts.

What I don't know are what type of connectors / cables / fuses etc. are in the box.

Also, are there any specialty items that I will not be able to source separately like connectors specifically designed for the Polk pa450um HU?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm about to have a complete JL system put in mine next week. The price I'm being quoted, it's not even worth it for me to buy/install myself. I'll let you know how they are if you aren't in a hurry.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I look forward to hearing about your experience.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I am a complete JL system thrown in my last year. I didn't go with the slam pack but it is pretty close. Let me find the thread about it.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
You can source a package through Earmark Marine in Plano Texas, and their online store...but call Odin direct and get a package specifically for your Yamaha, it will beat the Yamaha price hands down. But it may not beat the online seller that is not an authorized dealer, and selling it without dealer support or warranty. But it will be close enough you won't mind the difference for full warranty and support. In addition to that, you will get to customize and modify it so it actually does what you want, vs just a set package you can't change through Yamaha. Make sense?
Screen Shot 2015-03-19 at 6.46.48 PM.png

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
This is what I was quoted for my whole boat. It has some of the things you asked about.

Attachments

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Kennc It comes with everything need to install the tower speakers which include:
- MX 770 tower speakers
- M200/2 amp
- Amp mounting board
- fuse, fuse holder
- a set of JL RCA cables
- power/negative cables

And I have one instock if your interested.

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I like a different mix of JL Audio product for the tower. Even though it is a larger investment, I would go with a pair of the M770s on the tower with a bridged M400/4. This combination provides something that will have lasting value and won't end up in the classifieds a year down the road. Here's why.
The MX770 comes in a single version, which is an infinite baffle coaming speaker placed in a small pod. The M770 comes in two versions, one is an IB coaming speaker and the other is a true acoustic suspension speaker made to work in the very small displacement of a tower pod. The correct M tower series 770 has substantially more midbass output and midbass extension....within a pod.
The MX has a 0.75" dome tweeter, which is well balanced for a smaller 6.5" speaker and certainly sufficient for an in-the-boat installation where you are listening in very close proximity. The M770 has a larger 1.0" dome tweeter and you need the extra treble power to project over distance. Distance, engine noise, and movement take a particularly large toll on treble and treble is what gives the speaker intelligibility over distance.
75 watts per speaker is great power for the MX series inside the boat and okay at rest in near proximity. But 200 watts per speaker on a more authoritative tower speaker really gets it done.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I appreciate everyone's advice and help. I decided to go with the JL slampaks (both interior and tower).

I am optimistic this will suit my needs very well.

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me specifically (or have a copy or the included parts list) of what is in the box.

2015 AR240 - PART # - sbt-jltrk-60-bk

They appear to be back ordered though Yamaha until mid-May and I was hoping to see if I could source the items independently.

Obviously I know of the speakers, the amp and the mounts.

What I don't know are what type of connectors / cables / fuses etc. are in the box.

Also, are there any specialty items that I will not be able to source separately like connectors specifically designed for the Polk pa450um HU?

Here's a link on Yamaha's website to the "SlamPak" that you are referencing (tower speakers & amp).
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/jl-audio-slampak-tower-kit?b=Search&dealernumber=

Based on the detailed parts list description and the photos, the kit includes the following items:

(1) pair JL Audio MX770ETXv2 7.7" coax tower speakers
(1) pair of JL Audio mounting clamps for the tower speakers
(1) JL Audio M200/2 amplifier
(1) JL Audio marine grade RCA cable (length not specified)
Unspecified power & ground cable, fuse holder and fuse

This SlamPak (SBT-JLTRK-60-BK) is listed at $1299.95 and up, although the price seems to go up whenever I select the item on Yamah's website.

Earmark lists the tower speakers, clamps and amplifier on our online store for $979.98 BEFORE forum discounts. After the forum discount those items would be $881.99 shipped. That leaves $417.96 for a RCA cable and power/ground cable. I need to raise prices :D And remember, if you're buying an entire system from Earmark I can make you a package deal that's even better than the forum discount price!

Here's the in-boat audio SlamPak...

https://www.yamahapartsandaccessories.com/product/details/jl-audio-slampak-interior-audio-system?dealernumber=

Based on the detailed parts list description and the photos, the kit includes the following items:

(2) pair JL Audio MX650CCX coax speakers
(1) JL Audio MX10IB3 marine subwoofer
(1) JL Audio M600/6 marine amplifier
(1) JL Audio HDRLC remote level control
(1) amplifier mounting panel, with stainless steel mounting hardware
(10) crimp-on spade terminals for making speaker/woofer connections
Power & ground cable, presumably 4AWG (not verified)
Possibly some Molex connectors with wire pigtails, presumably for making the connections to extend the speaker wires from the radio to the new amp???
Instructions

This SlamPak (SBT-JLINT-00-13) is listed at $1599.95 and up, although the price seems to go up whenever I select the item on Yamah's website.

Earmark lists the coax speakers, subwoofer, amplifier and level control on our online store for $1184.95 BEFORE forum discounts. After the forum discount those items would be $1066.46 shipped. That leaves $533.49 for a amp mounting board, some hardware, an RCA cable and power/ground cable and some wire/connectors. Plus that package is missing important items such as a backup baffle ring for the free-air subwoofer. I REALLY need to raise prices :D And remember, if you're buying an entire system from Earmark I can make you a package deal that's even better than the forum discount price!

I happen to think the MX770 tower speakers could benefit from some more power than the amplifier included in that package, and even better I would suggest the M770 tower speakers over the MX770 tower speakers. And I can probably get you into the upgraded M770 speakers AND a more powerful JL Audio amplifier and still save you money over the Yamaha SlamPak prices!

But regardless, if anyone here wants to outfit their Yamaha with a SlamPak I promise that I can get you the same equipment for a SUBSTANTIAL savings. And I won't give you a generic "installation kit", we will talk about your specific boat and I will make you a custom installation kit that includes all of the necessary cabling, connectors, hardware, etc. specifically for your boat and your installation. I can provide detailed instructions on fabricating your own amplifier mounting panel, or I can fabricate one for you based on dimensions that we determine will best suit your boat. And I guarantee that I have the most detailed tutorial documents for the do-it-yourselfer, covering every aspect of the installation AND the important system tuning to help you get the most out of your investment.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Earmark Marine

Sadly, I already made the purchase and now you are giving me buyer's remorse.

Not for the product, just for the fact that I could have received a better deal from you.

I was sold on an all inclusive package specifically designed for my boat. Next time I will know better.

Thanks

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I see real value in purchasing from someone who really knows the marine audio category.

The Slampak page advertises a 200 watt stereo amplifier on a single pair of 4-ohm speakers. Yet that 200 watts is only possible with a 2-ohm load. The actual power, as JL Audio rates it, is 75 watts per speaker. How sophisticated do you think their instructions are?

There are countless aspects of the installation process that Odin w/ Earmark Marine can provide in much greater detail. In fact, he has over 100 instructional drafts with illustrations on just about every procedure you are likely to ever encounter. This also includes step by step trouble shooting guidelines for initial installation problems or for issues years down the road if needed. Odin can walk you through a pro-level tuning process (including proper crossover selection & gain structure for starters) that will make the same equipment sound quality significantly better, improve reliability, improve thermal performance, improve overall system efficiency, improve the dynamic range, and improve the noise floor.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@David Analog Agreeing with what you are saying and already admitting my potential mistake, hold the salt :)

David Analog

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
@David Analog Agreeing with what you are saying and already admitting my potential mistake, hold the salt :)
Ken,
My comments are not directed exclusively at you. We're way past that. So no salt intended. My comments are to the general forum community based on value differences that I know to be important. If the discussion continues, please keep that in mind.

Kennc

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
David,

I know, I was just playing. I find your advice throughout the forums very helpful.