• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

JL Audio TUN and Max Stereo Tuning

NJboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased a JL Audio MV800/8i amp that requires setting up inputs and outputs via JLs TUN software. No manual exists for this software; just a select handful of hour long videos that are more theoretical than useful.

Does anyone here have experience tuning using TUN and/or MAX? The closest certified shop for this is in NH and I’m in NJ and is just too far to be worth my while. I’m planning to get an RTA mic for the tuning process and would appreciate any guidance using the software to correct phasing/timing, set targets and equalize.

Willing to pay for your time if you have experience and can help me. Thanks!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I purchased a JL Audio MV800/8i amp that requires setting up inputs and outputs via JLs TUN software. No manual exists for this software; just a select handful of hour long videos that are more theoretical than useful.

Does anyone here have experience tuning using TUN and/or MAX? The closest certified shop for this is in NH and I’m in NJ and is just too far to be worth my while. I’m planning to get an RTA mic for the tuning process and would appreciate any guidance using the software to correct phasing/timing, set targets and equalize.

Willing to pay for your time if you have experience and can help me. Thanks!
Did you ever figure this out, what speaker are you trying to power?

NJboater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever figure this out, what speaker are you trying to power?
I got a bit more comfortable using Tun, but still haven’t installed the system in my boat.

6x JL M6 6.5”
1x JL M6 10” IB sub