• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Johnson City, TN

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For those of us in the Eastern TN area we have 3 lakes, Boone, Watauga and South Holston. Boone dam spring a leak in October last year and the had to do an early draw down. They just had a meeting today that it will be at -10 of winter pool for at least a year while they effect repairs which means it is accessible for fishing but pretty much a no go for water sports. We have a lot of friends whose boats are now 40' above the water and no access to them for at least a year...

Looks like for me I will be spending my water time on SoHo this year along with my friends who happen to have their boats on a trailer.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You guys ever make it down to Fontana? Doesn't seem like that would be too far from ya, but I'm not sure.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have to look into it. What is the closest access near I-77?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's a hike from 77. We live an hour east or so of 77, and it's 4 hours from us. We take 40 to 74? It's just south of Knoxville, spitting distance from the end of the Dragon. We did labor day there last year, and plan to do it again. Just a gorgeous lake, and there are floating cottages you can rent. Nestled right in the mountains, and against Fontana Dam, so you can imagine the scenery.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Wow. I would like some more info on that. Might be a fun adventure on Labor Day weekend.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
This is where we stayed last year:

http://www.fontanavillage.com/

We had a cabin and left the boat in the water all weekend (free if you have a cabin).

@DieselCamel might have some pics. Gonna try to stay on the water this year. Best lake I've ever been on, and we never did get to explore it all.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Is it a clear lake?

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Is it a clear lake?
Extremely clear you can see the length of your body. Let me see if I can dig up some pictures. The only real con to this lake is the shore is muddy(red clayish) and a little rocky. But it didn't really keep us off the shore

DieselCamel

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
World Cat
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
20140831_101549.jpg
Dam outlet
20140831_101257.jpg
Fontana Dam. Think it's the largest dam on the east coast.
20140906_165347.jpg
Middle of the lake 20140830_171411.jpg

Rocky shore line 20140831_125108.jpg
Fontana Village marina boat ramp

20140831_125201.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model