• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Johnson jet 30hp help

Mark Hawks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Okay in need of some major help you guys sorry about the long post was running up river and hit a rock pretty hard and after that motor has a violent vibration...took it home and pulled impeller and complete lower unit apart to make sure nothing was clogged or broke...the only thing i found was the rubber water pump gear had a vein broke off of it and so i replaces the water pump gear and put in new seals...put it back in the river and got the motor started and it had an amazing pea stream it was pumping alot of water so i took it up river and done great no vibration it was great then i shut the motor off and when i restarted it there was no pea stream until i would rev the motor a little bit and after that the vibration was back.. the vibration that im talking about is if i hold it wide open on take off the whole motor will almost bounce and jump around its a violent vibration but if i take off slowly once the boat is on plane the vibration is gone. Any ideas as to whats going on with the vibration and the pea stream? And the water line where it peas water is not clogged unless its partially clogged inside the motor somewhere engine is a 01 Johnson 30hp jet

Zizzou 192

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Surprised no one had any input on this one. And after 3 posts in different sections? Its pretty rare to be at a loss for comment or opionion on THIS forum! Maybe you should mention the terms FIN, RUDDER, SKEG, LATERAL, JET, etc as those tend to provoke some excitement and opinion. Anyways...

Sounds like a puzzle from the Futility Closet podcast.

Seems like you already fixed the problem! The bad news is the same partial seizing is happening again when things heat up. My uneducated guess is that if the rubber water pump gear is on a shaft or in a housing one of those is bent and needs to be straightened and or lubricated.

I think someone somewhere somehow is yelling "straighten up and lubricate!"

Mark Hawks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
In going to pull it apart and put some grease on the rubber impeller