• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Joined the 24 foot crowd!

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Congratulations on the new boat! That is a sweet ride......now go build a new garage!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had another great day here, so took it out and finished the engine break in. The performance difference between this and my former Seadoo is crazy.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats!!! I'm very impatiently waiting to make a very similar jump... As you said, the power difference is astronomical.

rkluck

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations! Nice looking boat. Looks like the big item you will get next is a place to park her. HA!

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Made a little improvement on how she looks today. I have never liked all of the warning stickers boat manufacturers have to put on their products. I removed all of them except the two required to be in the boat. The swim deck looks proper now. Thanks @Murf'n'surf for the stickers!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Excellent choice.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats. That is a beautiful boat. How does it handle compared to your old Sea Doo?

PolarXJ

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@SCSTWG it is a bit too early to really compare it's handling to the Seadoo. I am in need of more practice with it before giving it a fair review against the Seadoo. I got so used to the Seadoos lateral thrust control and not having turning ability in neutral is proving to be something I miss very much at this point.

Cruising handling and straight line performance is great though. I have found that I don't have to hold onto the wheel to go straight as much as I needed to in the Seadoo.

It's not as spirited in turns as the Seadoo was, but I am pretty sure that is due to it being 24 feet long vs. 18 feet. Also the articulating keel paddle probably keeps it planted more instead of really being able to throw the rear out.

OnTheWater

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Today my wife and I traded our Sea-Doo in for a new 2015 AR240 in Suede Gray. I have spent the last few weeks digging up info to help with our decision. We were considering the new Chaparral Vortex boats and the Yamaha boats. We took it out with our dealer before we bought it today. Absolutely amazing day for February. 60 degrees and not a trace of wind. Anyway, Pictures!

My wife all bundled up.

Just a bit of size difference

It barely fits in the driveway.

Congrats! I'll be staying at that hotel Wednesday night - wish I could bring my boat down with me. Spokane's weather has been unseasonably warm also - hope it's not a tease! I usually put my boat in the slip at Coeur d'Alene early April, tie it up, and run away from it due to wind, rain, and cool temps.

SGMPhil

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice boat - welcome to the 24' club :)

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@SCSTWG it is a bit too early to really compare it's handling to the Seadoo. I am in need of more practice with it before giving it a fair review against the Seadoo. I got so used to the Seadoos lateral thrust control and not having turning ability in neutral is proving to be something I miss very much at this point.

Cruising handling and straight line performance is great though. I have found that I don't have to hold onto the wheel to go straight as much as I needed to in the Seadoo.

It's not as spirited in turns as the Seadoo was, but I am pretty sure that is due to it being 24 feet long vs. 18 feet. Also the articulating keel paddle probably keeps it planted more instead of really being able to throw the rear out.
Those turns are fun at full speed - turn right = place the starboard motor in full reverse!! - AMAZING 360s!! and a HUGE wake with that 24 footer.

Have fun!!