• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Jump Box

Rainmakr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Whats a good jump box to carry on the boat? Looking at picking one up and seeing what everyone recommends. Thanks!

Dwrat

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I carry a small lithium box from Costco.
It has jumped everything I tried it on so far.

BlkGS

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just picked up a stanley branded box from Sam's club. It's a jump box, has several usb plugs, and an air compressor. Was on sale for like 50 bucks or so I think.

I have a small lithium pack that claims it can crank over v8s. It lies. It doesnt provide enough power to run the necessary electronics and the starter. It likely could turn the starter over, but without being able to supply the rest of the electrical system its pointleess.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@DBamaC has one of those small lithium jump boxes and I was amazed at how small it is yet packs the punch you need to crank a dead battery.

Robo

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a stanely jump box from sams club and it wont jump start any thing

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I use a noco gb40 on the boat. They are very small, we keep it I the truck and throw it in the lake bag when we get the boat. Claims to jump every thing I own except the semis I own. I have never needed it, but I don't think it would be a problem for such a small motor.

https://www.google.com/search?ei=7LMNXPvIEYrU8AP3jbCgDg&q=noco+gb40&oq=noco+gb4&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.1.0.41j0l4.3190.5614..7328...0.0..0.1737.2337.2-1j1j8-1......0....1.........0i71j0i131.iTZAC59PRkI
I have the same one i use it at work jumping everything. No problems at all.
Its the best small jump pack i own. I have 3 different ones.

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last edited:

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You can go anywhere from short pocket size to a car battery size. The more features you want the bigger the box. Mine has a compressor, light, USB charger and an inverter for small AC devices so it's pretty good size. It stays in the boat all season then goes in the truck during the off season. The shirt pocket types are cute but they don't have the AH rating you need for much more than a small engine. I charge mine once for the season.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can go anywhere from short pocket size to a car battery size. The more features you want the bigger the box. Mine has a compressor, light, USB charger and an inverter for small AC devices so it's pretty good size. It stays in the boat all season then goes in the truck during the off season. The shirt pocket types are cute but they don't have the AH rating you need for much more than a small engine. I charge mine once for the season.
Mine will start a stone dead Toyota Tundra even with 75% charge and its smaller than a paperback book

gthh

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
F99AFDB3-F645-45A2-B232-5D432973147E.png

I use this..... it’s discontinued but very portable and will jump any 12V battery.

vector VEC012c

ilangtry

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That’s what I have. It’s great! Recommend spending another $15-20 for one of the available cases for it as well.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A little late to this tread and sorry for not knowing too much about batteries. Is this something that I can just hook up to my battery as I am at anchor and have the engine off but listening to the radio, or do i wait till i get the low battery alarm on my boat and hook the charger up to the battery. Thank you all for such great information. I have an AR190 that only has one battery, and not sure about getting a second one installed or just roll with one of the handy chargers.