• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just a simple question

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
where h--- is spring. They are predicting rain sleet and snow for tomorrow. My boat cries out for the water and it does not mean rain. I can't even go camping. [flag]

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I guess it's all about where you choose to live. I can't say I feel your pain. I have a happy boat.
Phoenix Weather.PNG

AZ Native

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Jgorm I was just in Laughlin Thursday and drove home today. The Colorado River looked full, plenty of water coming down. Have you ever boated that area and up toward Hoover Dam? I'm tempted to make a trip out of it. Only 4 hours from Phoenix. If i recall the normal current is 5 mph.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah. My place is on the lower river, yuma to Blythe, but I've been to Havasu, Mead, Mojave and Powell. I think Mojave is on the low side of the Hoover. Powell is my favorite, by far. Mead and Mojave are cooler than Havasu. I love the Colorado! I can't wait to drink a beer on the bridge over the river! Only a few more hours.

bumpy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Cobalt
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
where h--- is spring. They are predicting rain sleet and snow for tomorrow. My boat cries out for the water and it does not mean rain. I can't even go camping. [flag]
I am with you, brother! We're looking at an inch of fresh snow this morning on the boat shrink wrap and truck camper! WE NEED SPRING!!!!!

merlinjet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here in Laughlin now its a balmy 93 degrees with clear skies...I'm thinking I'll go down to the beach and stick my toes in the Colorado River this afternoon. Its running at full capacity today, water's crystal clear. Guess spring has sprung here!

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We jumped in the river for the first time this season. Chilly, but not bad. We swam for 10 minutes a few times.

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Oh it was windy here as well... But I wanted it rough to see how the tabs worked.. . They worked wonderfully!
No kidding on the windy! You should see the windburn on my face :D

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Had snow on the ground here this morning. Im declaring today January 99th, instead of April 9th.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There isn't a single lake in MN that has recorded an ice-out yet. :wtf:
On top of that, the lake we normally boat on (Minnetonka) still has 25" of ice...
And the forecast is calling for 5-8" of snow this upcoming weekend.

So...yeah... great spring we are having so far up here. o_O

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There isn't a single lake in MN that has recorded an ice-out yet. :wtf:
On top of that, the lake we normally boat on (Minnetonka) still has 25" of ice...
And the forecast is calling for 5-8" of snow this upcoming weekend.

So...yeah... great spring we are having so far up here. o_O
Is now the right time to tell u they are calling for 80 degrees here on sat? No? Too soon? My bad..

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Might be the last weekend for ice fishing here.
4226CF6C-3ACE-4786-8BC4-41324113D91A.jpeg

(Pic from this morning)

Last edited:

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We've gotten into a pattern here where it's 70's and 80's during the week with a cold front coming in Friday night and then 50's for the weekend. Then the pattern repeats! Think this is the third week. Such a tease....