• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just installed a Axiom 7 in my 2007 Yamaha SX210

roguewave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Decided to "learn" the Raymarine Axiom plotter etc and so thought I'd add a small one (7") to our 2007 SX210.
Wasn't sure I could make it fit with all the analog gages but I like how it turned out!
With a scotty's ball mount and a bit of rework the mounting is really nice - had a good test yesterday with some hard up and down on wakes.

IMG_7184.jpg

Pulled the depth finder out and then relocated the file gage to that hole. I made a 3 piece laser cut block off plate set to use the old fuel gage hole as a cable feed for the Axiom. (That's because we own a nice CO2 laser and I'm always looking for projects.
IMG_7183.jpgIMG_7182.jpg

I also added a dual voltage reader for my main and secondary batteries. (maybe I'll post on that later)
IMG_7181.jpg

I removed the factory depth finder to open that up for the Axiom transponder. After one test this seems to be a good and not too low to get damaged position.
Used several of the factory holes and just 1-2 new holes.
IMG_7162.jpg

Hope this helps others try the Raymarine Axiom 7! It's a great nav tool.

I'm working next to create a set of NEMA2000 data from the engines (I'm going to solve it differently - stay tuned!)

Attachments

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Please post where and how you pick up the data. This would be of interest to many of us with older boats.

roguewave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Please post where and how you pick up the data. This would be of interest to many of us with older boats.
I will share what I'm thinking - if the Yamaha isn't NEMA2000 data format friendly maybe it's time for duplicate sensors...
What I want to see for both engines is rpms, water temp oil temp not sure what else so perhaps it you can't beat them ignore them - I thinking of adding these as "extra" sensors and then using a sensor to NEMA2000 adaptor to put them in NEAM2000 format.
A lot of work but it seams Yamaha never makes things easy.

We shall see - I want to run the boat as much as I can till it gets cold and then the winter projects will start!

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Would love to hear how you like it.
It is high on my list of birthday presents ;)
I like it because it has an inexpensive adder for the Sirius XM weather service. (less than $300 = same adder for Garmin is $650).
If you ever decide to go the Bahamas, that Sirius XM Weather service is REALLY nice to have!

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

roguewave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would love to hear how you like it.
It is high on my list of birthday presents ;)
I like it because it has an inexpensive adder for the Sirius XM weather service. (less than $300 = same adder for Garmin is $650).
If you ever decide to go the Bahamas, that Sirius XM Weather service is REALLY nice to have!
So far with one outing pretty nice and easy to use but lots of features to learn. I'm tasing my seat next and happy with the mount as I can spin the display up to view while standing too. I did a small mode to the scotty mount and drilled a center hole - normally they only use the four flangers bolts but that flexes some and didn't want the axiom to come loose so I removed the stock center bolt and put a longer one through the ball mount and dash with a big backing washer - super solid. I will look into the Sirius xm weather as we have Sirus XM already! thanks!