• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just installed Seadek, 2014 242 LS carpet set for sale.

tomcoombs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just installed the first parts of the Seadek kit on my 2014 LS. It came out great.

Getting the old mats of was a PIA...but I figured out how to do it pretty quickly in the end, cutting 2" strips, heat gun, paint scraper and the about a gallon of Acetone to get rid of the old glue.

Looking forward to installing the rest of the kit on the boat over the next couple weeks.

Have a full set of carpets for a 242 Limited S (2014) for sale if anyone wants them.

Pictures attached.

IMG_3962.jpg IMG_3964.jpg

Attachments

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great Job! Removing the existing Hydroturf is definitely the worst part of the job! I'm not looking forward to the day when I have to replace all of the Seadek I've installed in my boat!

tomcoombs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You know...I thought about that after I put this down. It'll be the same crappy job but much more of it.

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just replaced the helm pad with the thicker Seadek and used mineral spirits first then cleaned it up with acetone. Worked better than just using acetone.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I sold my carpet on eBay in two days for $275 back in the spring.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just replaced the helm pad with the thicker Seadek and used mineral spirits first then cleaned it up with acetone. Worked better than just using acetone.
Do you have photo's to share?

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you have photo's to share?
Sorry, I didn't take pictures. It came out in pretty large chunks, but it tore along the grooves a lot. Once it was out there was pretty much only adhesive and very small dots (about 1/8") of the black material left on the floor. I can take a few pics of the finished product if that is of interest to you.

USN SCPO RET

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry, I didn't take pictures. It came out in pretty large chunks, but it tore along the grooves a lot. Once it was out there was pretty much only adhesive and very small dots (about 1/8") of the black material left on the floor. I can take a few pics of the finished product if that is of interest to you.
That would be great! I'm trying to convince my wife that Seadek is the way to go in the helm. she wants to keep the carpet.

Appreciate any photos.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I love the SeaDek, the carpets were a PITA to remove, wash, dry and store. I just rinse the SeaDek and that's it. If you don't have the carpets installed the snaps suck on the feet.:inpain: The only issue is it gets hot. Lighter color is better. My swim platform was done so I kept the same color. SeaDek1.JPG SeaDek5.JPG SeaDek9.JPG Get it you wont regret it. :winkingthumbsup"

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That would be great! I'm trying to convince my wife that Seadek is the way to go in the helm. she wants to keep the carpet.

Appreciate any photos.
Here is a picture of the old helm pad and the new thicker helm pad that I just installed.

Seadek Helm.jpgSeadek Helm Pad.JPG

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I sold my carpet on eBay in two days for $275 back in the spring.
@Coheeba - how much was the shipping on that? I'm looking to sell mine as well. Never used and still in the original packaging.

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I sold the carpet for $275 with free shipping. The shipping was to San Jose CA and I live in FL so almost worst case, $52 and ebay $27.50. so I netted just under $200.

Josh Cahoon

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If you don't mind me asking what is the cost for the entire boat in the decking. I am looking to do mine over the winter. The Black and Tan looks awesome. Job well done.

tomcoombs

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The whole kit for the boat was probably $1100 (18 months ago). I dont have the extra parts that BlackandTan purchased for the top of the stern rail, but I am thinking about getting them.

To remove the old mats, clean up, install the new SeaDek, and probably took a good 1.5 days. Removing the Captains chair is not obvious, but easy, (release the friction lock, unlock it, turn it through 45 degrees then shimmy off)

The only part that didn't seem to fit really well was on the anchor locker up front. The hole for the latch seems to be too far forward by a 1/2", so you could center on the hinges, or center by the latch.

IMG_3982.jpg IMG_3983.jpg

aceofbase

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am replacing mine, just have the rear swim platform to go!

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length