• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just joined and am serious about a 2007 SX120... too old?

J-RAD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations! Looks and sounds like the beginning of a funtastic summer!!

... I'm jealous of anyone whose had their boat out already. Years past we've made it out in April but, not sho lucky this year. She's has been sitting mockingly beside the house me for months, beckoning me. I'm loosing my shite!

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations! Looks and sounds like the beginning of a funtastic summer!!

... I'm jealous of anyone whose had their boat out already. Years past we've made it out in April but, not sho lucky this year. She's has been sitting mockingly beside the house me for months, beckoning me. I'm loosing my shite!
Thanks @J-RAD!

It's amzing in WA right now 85 degrees air temp. Of course the water is crazy cold, but we can at least get out in wet suits. :)

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "new to you" boat. I have this exact same year & model boat and still love it after 7 years of ownership. You guys will enjoy many years on this boat.

One tip of I may. These boats were designed with a plastic scupper valve below the waterline. They have been known to fail allowing water into the boat. A strong recommendation is to replace it with a stainless steel scupper valve if that hasn't been done already. There are plenty of write ups on this forum and plenty of us to help with advice. Initially I would check it inside the bilge, if solid enjoy this season but replace it off season.

Whiskey

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the "new to you" boat. I have this exact same year & model boat and still love it after 7 years of ownership. You guys will enjoy many years on this boat.

One tip of I may. These boats were designed with a plastic scupper valve below the waterline. They have been known to fail allowing water into the boat. A strong recommendation is to replace it with a stainless steel scupper valve if that hasn't been done already. There are plenty of write ups on this forum and plenty of us to help with advice. Initially I would check it inside the bilge, if solid enjoy this season but replace it off season.
Thank you, I looked this morning and it appears to be sound but is still the plastic valve. I'll track down how to replace it on the forums. Sounds like a good tip.