• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just made it home from another great week at Cumberland...

TonkaTuff

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
What a great lake. We managed to find a couple coves each with a small water fall and one with an accessible rope swing. The other had a couple of rope swings but there were high enough I was not going to put in the effort to get to them.

This trip was a family trip with all my wife's family. We had our boat and my brother in law brought his 1950 Bayliner. Between the two boat's, my nieces and nephews quickly dubbed our boat the "party boat". (My brother in law likes to fish more so than play.) It was neat to see the boat being used as designed and at capacity. Kids jumping off the back, some people swimming, and some in listening to the radio and chatting. Heck, my brother in law had to use my swim ladder and back deck to get back on board as he could not get up his own ladder. It was a good time had by everyone!

What part of Cumberland were you on? I didn't venture out this weekend on the lake because of the "Thunder Run".

Sounds great. Finding cove with waterfalls, impressed my wife.

We just spent a week on lake norris, rented house with dock from vrbo. It was a great vacation too.

Where did you stay on Lake Cumberland? Curious for future options.

Interested as well as to all the details and points of interest.
We are headed there right after the Shelbyville trip in August!

We were down there last week as well. We had a blast. I will try and do a write up this evening.

My father in law rented a house for our crew, 13 of us in total with kids and adults. It was a 5-10 minute drive to Conley Bottoms from the house we stayed in. You had a bit of a view of the lake which was nice. Here is the link to the house we stayed in... http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p231966 . I think he would of liked to find something a little better, but it was the best he could come up with such a late start in planning the trip. I think he got serious about it in April. Overall it was OK. It would not be my first choice, but that being said it worked out.

We rented a slip at Conley Bottom for the week. It was a nice marina, but I did not love the fact slip rental allotted you a random spot in designated areas. A covered slip rented may of been different, but I could not justify it for the $17/night upcharge. In comparison to Jamestown Dock, a slip rental there gives you a designated spot to call home. Not a big deal just personal preference. In the end, we ended up being able to tie up in the same general slip or two each night.

@Dan ... I really want to hit Norris up. Though, I like Cumberland so much its tough to justify the extra hour or so drive to Norris. I'm sure I'll make it there one day though.

I'll post a pick up of one of the coves we tracked down... both if I can find a pic of the other.

Check out Villager Resort next time you want a cabin and a slip. They have their own dock (30-40 slips) and elevator that takes you down to the dock if you don't want to climb the stairs. They also have several different sizes of cabins. The dock is at the mouth of Pitman Creek and it's a short run from there to bigger waters.

Back