• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just picked up a 2016 fsh sport

Georgi Slavov

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi everyone

I just joined the fsh community and I have been reading on here and I have a million questions. I have not even been on the water yet as I need to get it registered and title which will be this week.
I will be transferring all my electronics from my bass boat and I am already realizing I will have to change a bunch of things to make it work.
I have a 46 inch terrova trolling motor with I pilot link and a hummingbird onix with side imaging and from what I understand I have to buy a second transducer to make the side imaging work ,correct? Also does the transducer have to be exact like what came with my onix (I think that one is like 300 bucks )

Also
Since I have not been out yet I am not sure how high the bow sits off the water. Would I be able to use the 46 inch terrova ?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.
I will post pictures as I start dressing it up.
Thanks and I appreciate your help in setting in up.

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Welcome. I have a '17 FSH Deluxe and the bow doesn't seem to be that high off the water. I'd think the trolling motor would reach just fine. Electronics are easy to install with the access to the console.
I had problems with my transducer. It's a fairly large, beat up, Garmin 74dv transducer. The mounting unit couldn't fit on the first step so I transom=mounted it. Depth worked fine until I hit 20 knots and then the turbulence from the step cut out the signal. I finally mounted it to the aluminum astride the articulating keel. I haven't taken it out yet but I have no reason to think it won't work since the transom mount did. I lowered it an inch as well to get it into the undisturbed water. Here's a few pics:

IMG_0916.JPG IMG_0915.JPG

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location and it will automatically add you to the member map,

Be read thru the FSH section and seal up your boat, unfortunately a lot of them leak thru compartments but fortunately your FSH brothers have figured it out,

Also check out the FAQ for lots of great jet boating ideas,

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Glad to have you on board, update your profile with your location and it will automatically add you to the member map,

Be read thru the FSH section and seal up your boat, unfortunately a lot of them leak thru compartments but fortunately your FSH brothers have figured it out,

Also check out the FAQ for lots of great jet boating ideas,
Didn't know about the location part of the profile. I'll check it out.
So far I've been blessed. The only location where I was getting water inside was the anchor port which I have sealed up and had no further leaking into the changing compartment. Phew.
The transducer mounting is epoxied thankfully and the only hole I drilled is above the water line. Those transom savers are pretty cool. But I'll be keeping an eye on things as I play with it more.
You're AR-210 looks great.