• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just picked up a 210 FSH!

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am new around the forum but just picked up a new 210 FSH yesterday! Not my first boat, as I have had many different types of outboard powered boats but other than a wave runner a few years ago, this is my first jet boat. I had some reservations going jet powered but the lady loved the layout, especially the open platform in the back and with it being a center console configuration with ample open space, it had something for both of us! We sea trialed one last week and certainly agree it is a different experience than an outboard powered boat. Not necessarily better or worse but just that they both have their pros and cons. A big pro for me is that we can get in some water sports without the concern of props but still go get some fishing or scalloping in (should be much nicer with that huge platform). It is a bit disappointing that it is somewhat more loud / vibrates more than our other boat, which has a 2017 200 Suzuki on it (will probably be up for sale soon ;)) but that is somewhat expected seeing that you sit on top of the engines and it is powered by twins. That being said, I can't express how excited I am to take ours out for the first time tomorrow and work through the break in period!

Still need to install a GPS and possibly some trim tabs as we boat around the Tampa Bay area and in the Keys, so it would help with the chop. We may do a Bimini trip later in the year but we'll have to see.

Wanted to add, if you're wondering, picked it up from Barney's in St. Pete. Justin and Cyle were great to work with.

Attachments

Last edited:

Grover70

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Congrats on your new 210. I'm a '17 190 FSH owner and love it. I noticed your concern about the noise. When I walked aboard a 210 it did seem there was more surface area to act like a drum (hull and deck act like a drum).
Well, when I installed my new SeaDek a few months ago, the one unanticipated bonus was the noise level dropped by about half. The foam decking acts like a sound absorber and deadener. We can have a normal conversation when standing near each other rather than yelling. If your funds are stretched after a new purchase for gadgets and toys, every year JetBoatPilot has a big sale and I got my SeaDek for 30% off. So wait until before Christmas and get yourself a new present for a good deal. Or, get it now! You won't be disappointed.
If you already have SeaDek...well, then that's the "reduced" volume. Think how much worse it could have been ;)

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Grover! That is a great idea, we intend to SeaDek the platform at some point, so that would only be a bit more cost wise and a great side effect! I mean really, it is just a reach for a "con" as we can still talk while running and it definitely isn't unbearable, especially since I grew up with LOUD Mercurys but hard to not complain a bit since my "older" outboard powered boat is quieter :p

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats. Hoping the local boat show has one that I can preview next week.

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks Tailwaters. It looks like you have an FSH already? I'm interested to hear your comparison to the 210 if you test one out.

Foobar

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats. I noticed the noise on mine as well. I have since installed Seadek, but have not tested it yet. I went ahead and bought some dynamat to add to the bare panels in the engine compartment. I am sure it will help cut the noise way down.

If you install a in-hull transducer (shoot through, no holes) don't cut the inner hull. I will be posting a video later to explain why.

Tailwaters

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Unfortunately, I’m in Michigan so there won’t be any opportunity for a test ride. Unless a miracle happens and we from 10 digress to 70 in the next 10 days :)…. I'll be happy just to crawl around one at this point.

thefastz

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats. I noticed the noise on mine as well. I have since installed Seadek, but have not tested it yet. I went ahead and bought some dynamat to add to the bare panels in the engine compartment. I am sure it will help cut the noise way down.

If you install a in-hull transducer (shoot through, no holes) don't cut the inner hull. I will be posting a video later to explain why.
Thanks Foobar, I have checked out your videos on YouTube. Really appreciate you going into detail on the inspection and quality control videos.

ThatJeepGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome boat! We're a little farther north of you, off Hernando beach. For shallow water these boats are hard to beat

Timothy Pearch

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I am new around the forum but just picked up a new 210 FSH yesterday! Not my first boat, as I have had many different types of outboard powered boats but other than a wave runner a few years ago, this is my first jet boat. I had some reservations going jet powered but the lady loved the layout, especially the open platform in the back and with it being a center console configuration with ample open space, it had something for both of us! We sea trialed one last week and certainly agree it is a different experience than an outboard powered boat. Not necessarily better or worse but just that they both have their pros and cons. A big pro for me is that we can get in some water sports without the concern of props but still go get some fishing or scalloping in (should be much nicer with that huge platform). It is a bit disappointing that it is somewhat more loud / vibrates more than our other boat, which has a 2017 200 Suzuki on it (will probably be up for sale soon ;)) but that is somewhat expected seeing that you sit on top of the engines and it is powered by twins. That being said, I can't express how excited I am to take ours out for the first time tomorrow and work through the break in period!

Still need to install a GPS and possibly some trim tabs as we boat around the Tampa Bay area and in the Keys, so it would help with the chop. We may do a Bimini trip later in the year but we'll have to see.

Wanted to add, if you're wondering, picked it up from Barney's in St. Pete. Justin and Cyle were great to work with.
My FSH 210 starboard engine quit today while running at 5000 RPM. It only has 4.5 hours on it. Any ideas?

Ron Zimmerman

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Been stalking the forum for a few months. However, pulling the trigger now on a 2019 Yamaha FSH 210 Sport. Should arrive in 2/3 weeks. Thanks to all who unknowingly assisted me in my research for the purchase. I have a couple questions.
1. I believe @Foobar installed some trim tabs. Considering this for my first upgrade. How do I find what I need? Won't be doing the auto trim. Just don't know where to begin the search and what tab kit I need. Also, I will do the install myself.
2. I will probably have the MinnKota Riptide Ulterra install by the dealer. What shaft and thrust do I need? They had an 80 lbs motor at the boat show. Plenty?
3. Finally, I want the Seadek soon. Maybe not top priority. I assume I should purchase from JetBoat and install myself? Swim deck only? Full deck?

WBeads

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I went with the 112 Riptide, 60" shaft for my 210 FSH. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of thrust for the windy days especially when using the anchor feature. I also added Seadek, front fishing platform, blue interior and underwater lights, white curtesy lights around the T-top, keel guard, and the Thrust vectors that really help with slow speed steering.

We love boat for fishing, and enjoying the water. My first jet boat but have owned other 21' boats with outboards.

brownjjst

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length

Congratulation my Brother! Tight Lines!!!!

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
DBC5173D-62E1-4109-A5E2-A9E0E3AEC1A1.jpeg 999D08A4-9864-4DBC-B979-12E0442D020D.jpeg I like the seadeck on the rail around the boat, when you step down onto it from the dock there is no chance of slipping. In the last 40 years I have seen the most people fall getting on and off boats. Next the swim platform so you can sit in comfort and also not slip off if peeing off the back. VHF with MMSI should be first purchase after life jackets. These spring dock lines are the best, I got them to make fun of then bought more they work awesome.