• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just purchased '16 SX240 HO !

Chip F.

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi Everyone,
I've been a member for a couple years now and learned a lot on this forum.
This past weekend we pulled the trigger and purchased a 2016 SX 240 HO.
The financing deal with 2.99 % was just too good for us to pass up.
Anyway, while sitting in the driveway I turned the radio on and it just does not really cut it for me . I'm going to name her Dancing Days and how can I have that name and do Led Zeppelin justice with what I was hearing? Does anyone have any suggestions for a step approach to pumping it up as time and money permits ? Thanks for your time and knowledge!
image.jpeg

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think you should start with an amp and sub, JL makes some really nice stuff. I believe some folks have placed the sub under the port or starboard side rear seats.

Congratulations on the boat, they are so much fun, makes me wish I could spend more time on them and less time at work!

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've heard the opposite... Start with replacing the stock crap seaworthy speakers. But it all comes down to new speakers, amp and sub in that order. In my opinion :winkingthumbsup"

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Not to argue, but adding just an amp made a huge difference for me.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No arguing, everyone has their own thoughts on this. My thoughts are that an amp will make a great difference but will usually kill the stock speakers pretty quickly if you're not careful, then you're forced to replace the speakers when you may not be ready to do so.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Completely agree with you @subysti. I was just trying to help @Chip F. Phase his install.

rsg1963

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree with others. Amp first, sub added with separate amp later. Get a main amp with 6 true channels for future proofing. I went with Wetsounds 6Chan amp, then replaced the Polk speakers with Wetsounds units, then two 10" tower speakers, then finally a JL Audio Sub and amp. Now I just have to deal with my wife due to the $$ spent...sigh...
But First a good amp and see if that's enough for now. You can always build from there. Just don't short-change yourself on the amp quality or ability. Buy your second amp, first. lol