• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Just purchased... 2001 tango... not accelerating

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
UPDATE: It fixed itself!! Thank you all immensely for the help!!
Good to hear, your gonna have fun with that boat, the Tango's are one of the real sports cars of the jet boats even as old as they are getting. My son's 240 Tango will still hit 62 GPS and gets there fast. What motor do you have?

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Glad it’s okay! Have fun, but keep an ear out for that overheat alarm and shut her down if it goes off.

Mpcdc695

Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango Xtreme
Boat Length
I have a 2001 tango 220 as well and the overheat alarm has been going off sporadically....usually at lower idle speeds. Previous owner mentioned that the mechanic that previously owned the boat had put a used sensor.... where is that sensor located and is it gonna be difficult to get that part?

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
There’s one on the back of each head. Toward the top. A manual would be your best friend. I’ve referred back to mine repeatedly.

Chuck Buck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
A manual would be your best friend.
If I had a nickel for every time someone brought their vehicle into the stealership and complained "my car doesn't do this right" or "my truck does this weird thing" and I'd leave the owners manual on the front seat open to the page that explains exactly WHY it does that....SHEESH!

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
The best favor I did for myself when I bought mine was immediately buy the service manual. I knew from past experience with Mercury’s manuals on my old 79 Imp Mercruiser. Those manuals got me through rebuilding the Alpha One Outdrive on that boat, and if a farm kid / mechanic/ carpenter can get through that, I knew I could easily swap out this motor. After about six break in hours it had ignition issues , so back to the manual I went. In a couple hours I knew exactly what was wrong, ordered the parts, and had her right back up. The time and money saved through that manual has already paid the $45 at least six times over. So anybody looking at even replacing simple stuff, get the manual. Makes it easy.