• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Just what we needed.

I grew up in Rochester NY. No way I want to live in snow country anymore. Actually I reached my life quota of snow in my first 18 years there so I'm not allowed to live in a place where it snows for the rest of my life. (well we did have 24 hours of snow fall this December but that doesn't count).

I don't want to rub it in but I will. It was so hot here today that I worked on the boat shirtless. It's been in the high 80's to low 90's, sunny, with little wind. There are many bad things about living in California but the weather isn't one of them.

Damn....I don't think it even snowed in Alaska yesterday. ...lol

For the Twin Cities most lakes are clear of ice around the end of Apr, beginning of May. This yr it's shaping up to be the later of the two... I'm a wuss for cold water, so you won't catch me in until its at least 70 deg. which ends up being sometime in Jun.

Just to add to this... I think average ice-out for 'Tonka is April 15 or so. Some of the smaller lakes around are open as of earlier this week and Tonka is getting close. We are never in the water before Memorial day.

Then we have years like 2012 I think where the lakes were open in March so you never know. Last year most lakes were still iced up in mid-May.

You guys in warmer climates, of course I'm jealous. But its funny the mindset a person has growing up here. This is just the way it is. We bitch about it but most of us stay here anyway. Hard to beat MN lakes in the summer.

Back