• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kawasaki skis and a potential good deal...

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I might have the chance to get a very good deal on a ski that an acquaintance has had stored on their property by a family member for 2 years. They have given them notice and started the abandoned boat claim process to get title.

I have some pics below. Don't want to get my hopes up and don't even know if this thing runs or not. That might be a good thing to get a deal.

I know this is difficult to tell but anybody knowledgeable about Kawasaki skis tell me what this might be and approx. value? There is a chance I could get it given to me.
IMG_1593.JPG IMG_1592.JPG IMG_1591.JPG

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can't tell with the after market cover on. Do you know what year it is?

Be careful about taking possession of it is based on a mechanic's lien. I got a great deal, $1k, on non operational seadoo and trailer a few years ago from a guy who got it via a mechanics lien. When I went to register it I found out their was still a balance on a loan to purchase it. The finance company wanted me to pay it in full, around $2k. When I passed they wouldn't even take the ski back from me, even after I offered to deliver it to them. In the end I sold it for what I bought it for to an auto mechanic who felt confident that he would be able to fix and get title to it without much trouble.

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'll find out the details eventually. I wouldn't buy it without clear title. However it looks like it takes 6 months after the paperwork is filled out before essentially it becomes the holders and they will get clear title. I would like to see if it runs though and ride it this summer!

Here is a list of boats that folks have claimed and the date to title...very interesting.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/boat/owner/abandoned_boats_motors/index.phtml

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From the purple color its from the 90s and not too valuable if so.
The trailer looks sort of mint from the pics, cept for the rusted welds on some brackets

Late 90s zxi 1100 most likely

Last edited:

scokill

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From the purple color its from the 90s and not too valuable if so.
The trailer looks sort of mint from the pics, cept for the rusted welds on some brackets

Late 90s zxi 1100 most likely
That's what it looks like. Could be a project or maybe it runs. Looks fairly well taken care of, which would be unusual if it wasn't running for a long time. I have a friend that got one similar very, very cheap and it just keeps running and running. Would be good to have out anchored and go pick people up that come later.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
It looks like a 1996 Kawasaki ZXI 1100 model. If it is, it's a 3 cylinder 1100cc 2-stroke engine, light green in color. It uses NGK spark plugs, BR9ES. It also has Keihin carbs with an external fuel filter mounted on the side of the hull. The battery will be a YTX20LBS usually costing around $129 for a good agm sealed battery. I would recommend draining the gas first, add some new, add a new battery, and spark plugs, and see what happens. (Double chack the oil tank for oil first)---Compression should be around 120psi in each cylinder.