• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keel Guard

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I would have gone about 6" higher towards the bow of the boat. Sometimes when riding in choppy water, I get a small amount of spray from the front, coming from the keelguard. Never had any spray before installed. It's minimal, just slight spray on the front seats when going fast over rolling waves. I don't think I'd have any of that if I had it higher in the front. Mine is about 6" above water line when not moving, but dips below when going through waves
This is all from memory from last season, I haven't taken my boat out of storage yet, it was snowing yesterday :eek:
Thanks, this helps my decision process.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I ended up going with a 10’ Keelguard, installed and ready for the water!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I ended up going with a 10’ Keelguard, installed and ready for the water!
was it easy to install? I have access to work racks in my marina so thinking I can do it myself.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
was it easy to install? I have access to work racks in my marina so thinking I can do it myself.
It was super easy for us on my 212x we did it on the trailer even.

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
You can see mine here shortly after we installed it. That day it MAYBE creeped into the 50's and according the instructions we were right on the limit of allowable temps. We figured since it wouldn't go in the water for a few months and it'd have plenty of time to bond that we'd be good. Just used a furniture moving dolly to slide around on my back. If I was at my house I would have used my creeper. That's as high as I could take my keelguard without running into chines or the drain right there for my boat. 20181117_143415.jpg

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
.. Was just looking to get some of this for my 19' AR195.. For those whom may be interested, you can pick up the 10' Keelguard on Overtons.com for under 150$ with promo code ICECOLD but its only good for 48 hours so act fast!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I ended up having our shop guys at work do it, far cheaper than having anyone else do it. So it was easier for me to justify paying to have it done. They were able to do this with leaving the boat on the trailer.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just picked up mine. 10'. Going to get some gelcoat repairs done first then install.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
All done 😊 Had the shop do it since they also fixed the Gelcoat. Before and after!
Started beaching my boat more often since it’s a 2015 and I’m a little more lax with it lol, where were you able to find the 10” in black?

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Overtons regularly has 30-40% off codes, so watch for those.