• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keel Mount Transducer

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would move the cable through the middle of the bracket then up. Also I would bolt the tranducer bracket to the inside so it is not wider than the transducer. Finally I personally would only use one bolt at the bottom so the transducer could kick up if necessary. Some suggestions, but otherwise it looks fantastic. You could also cut some different length arms and adjust on the water etc, to find out how high you can take it without degradation.

Great work!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One other thing to mention that I did when I built my mount. If you look at how my arms are coming down to the transducer, it is set up in such a way that if weeds or debri get ran over then they will slide down and then off.

Yours you create a catch point where they can get hung up. This may not be a concern where you boat.

Where I boat there are a lot of floating weeds.

Just a thought.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I would move the cable through the middle of the bracket then up. Also I would bolt the tranducer bracket to the inside so it is not wider than the transducer. Finally I personally would only use one bolt at the bottom so the transducer could kick up if necessary. Some suggestions, but otherwise it looks fantastic. You could also cut some different length arms and adjust on the water etc, to find out how high you can take it without degradation.

Great work!
agree on the cable. As soon as I attached the transducer I was like “damnit!”. I’ll fix that when I get a little time. I’ll may leave the rest for now to test out. It was a bit of a PIA bolting everything. Not a lot of space to work with.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
One other thing to mention that I did when I built my mount. If you look at how my arms are coming down to the transducer, it is set up in such a way that if weeds or debri get ran over then they will slide down and then off.

Yours you create a catch point where they can get hung up. This may not be a concern where you boat.

Where I boat there are a lot of floating weeds.

Just a thought.
So move the mount back so it’s flush with the arms coming down?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This way there is no catch where things can get stuck.

1653148085964.png

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Have you considered aluminum fasteners to reduce the strength of the mount, and encourage it to sheer off in the event you run over a stump or something?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not really, figured once i got it right where i wanted it, i would have an aluminum shop ise it as a template and craft me a one piece mount, just havent gotten around to it yet

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Not really, figured once i got it right where i wanted it, i would have an aluminum shop ise it as a template and craft me a one piece mount, just havent gotten around to it yet
I bought a 1’x1’ piece of aluminum earlier today … gonna see how it bends. Or are you talking about a cast?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Probably Cast or welded.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I'm on board with NO HOLES in the boat below the water line. I mounted mine on the Ride Plate too. I'm single engine and the mounting was on the port side. I feel no pull or drag to port at all.
I went a little hole crazy! The trim tabs I installed have a bunch!

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Gave the one piece a shot. I think it worked out well! Wish I’d gone with a steeper angle. It sits back far but doesn’t interfere with the rudder. Also I went with aluminum nuts and bolts to make it a little weaker in the event I hit something underwater. Overall I’m satisfied! Looks like a silver bullet!

7B48269E-C272-4CA2-BF12-EDE64E561856.jpegB7A4527D-4798-4EBA-A73C-1DB4B0097D62.jpeg

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That things a gonner! JK, looks good. Let us know how it reads bottom for you.

daaaddy27

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
That things a gonner! JK, looks good. Let us know how it reads bottom for you.
Haha, it's probably going to fly off at WOT :p I'll find out this weekend! And if it does it gives me something to work on ;)

Fargo007

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's how I did it. Basically followed HawaiiBreeze's method. Second season and it's rock solid. It's higher than the keel so it can't be damaged by the bottom. I get good readings at all speeds. Everything that sees water flow is countersunk.