• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keel

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will Yamaha be offering on the 2016 models an articulating keel on the 210s?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Greg larose I think the better question here is, will Yamaha offer a 210 in 2016...;)

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they are not offering it do you know what the comparable boat will be for them

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The 2016 models will be announced at the dealer meeting in August. Yamaha is very secretive about what the changes will be.

Yamaha has designed a rudder for the 190 FSH that in theory could be retrofitted to the 190 series. My guess is that we will see a keel added to the next generation 210 hull. When that redesign will happen is anyones guess.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Little birds told me the 21 will be no more and we will see something replace it in the 22-23 range. I am thinking full redesign like the 24's underwent this year to add the keel, though I am not sure I would want the keel as some have complained. I like how the jet boat handles.... There is a redisigned wake boat coming and WakeMakers was tasked to build the system. Some are hinting at a surf mode in the near future which they should since Chapparal has beat them to the market with one...

Greg larose

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Little birds told me the 21 will be no more and we will see something replace it in the 22-23 range. I am thinking full redesign like the 24's underwent this year to add the keel, though I am not sure I would want the keel as some have complained. I like how the jet boat handles.... There is a redisigned wake boat coming and WakeMakers was tasked to build the system. Some are hinting at a surf mode in the near future which they should since Chapparal has beat them to the market with one...
Does that mean an increase i price from the 21

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Im almost positive we will see a big price jump for sure on top of the typical 2K annual increase, I would expect 10K to 15K which is why I bought this year instead of waiting to see what really comes out.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think it would be a mistake for Yamaha to ditch the 21 foot size and I'd be willing to bet they'll continue that size, albeit most likely with the 1.8 engines used in the rest of the lineup. In other words, 212s but not 210s. I'd also be willing to bet that they will at least put the sound reduction from the 24 footers into the 21 footers. The keel seems like a coin toss to me for the 21 footers, but I won't be surprised if it shows up.