• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Keeping boat in water

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
We are looking to rent a place in the water in the Keys. Are we able to dock the boat in the water for 3-4 days?

Dixemon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Just got back from a trip, had my boat in salt water docked up for 4 days. I had no issues whatsoever. My model year has the anti corrosion coating on the nozzles grates ect. I still sprayed everything with crc heavy duty corrosion inhibitor and greased all my linkages real good. Also sprayed the 3m appolstery with anti stain and uv protectant stuff. I had no staining of the hull and the zinc still look barely worn. Took it out and flushed the motors really good and used salt away. Impellars and shafts all look corrosion free. Good luck

sunbyrned

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you haven’t thought about it, put some thought into your trailer. Sometimes rental places won’t let you store a trailer. Also, you’ll want to give it a good dose of an anti corrosion coating too. I would also look into an available water hose so you can flush your boat out with salt away as Dixemon mentioned.

nyfan78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What
Just got back from a trip, had my boat in salt water docked up for 4 days. I had no issues whatsoever. My model year has the anti corrosion coating on the nozzles grates ect. I still sprayed everything with crc heavy duty corrosion inhibitor and greased all my linkages real good. Also sprayed the 3m appolstery with anti stain and uv protectant stuff. I had no staining of the hull and the zinc still look barely worn. Took it out and flushed the motors really good and used salt away. Impellars and shafts all look corrosion free. Good luck
What model years have that anti corrosion on it?