• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Kerr Lake (VA) Lake fest July 17-19. Going?

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Anyone in the greater NC/VA area plan to attend Kerr LAke Lakefest this Saturday ?.

we're considering it as a family, Never been on Kerr, would like too, balancing crowds vs traffic vs fun level.

found this http://www.kerrlakeguide.com/boat-ramps-camping-picnic-areas

How are the guest docks at Clarksville?. Any chance of getting a spot to allow us to walk around?

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would have strongly considered going but unfortunately I will be camping in Myrtle Beach this weekend.

Have fun if you go and let us know how it is. I might want to go next time.

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I guess we can call this past Saturday the official 1st Jetboatets.net gathering on Buggs Island/Kerr lake.
Just two crews, but hey that counts as a gathering.
@justason family and ours. Great time. Fireworks to close the night. Even the Coast Guard gave us a visit.. LolIMG_20140721_220722.jpg IMG_20140721_220817.jpg IMG_20140721_220722.jpg IMG_20140721_220722.jpg IMG_20140721_220817.jpg IMG_20140721_221019.jpg IMG_20140721_220911.jpg IMG_20140721_220817.jpg

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dam...dunno how I missed this, but I bet we woulda went. That's when we went to Falls lake. I've been wanting to go check out Kerr, also.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

First attempt of an upload from my phone

@Lspeedss We had a great time on the lake and meeting you/family. Thanks for the pics !

The marina and boat slip were instrumental to makin it all work out. Another thanks there and one more for the gin gin and tonic!!

Ride back was an easy 25 mins , we plan to revisit kerr. Perhaps a foliage run!!

Definetly a repeat for the event itself

Lspeedss

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@veedubtek Well to be honest it just kinda fell together that morning around 11:00am. @justason texted me he might come out to Lakefest and them fell together from there.
We had a great time. It was great meeting wonderful people. Craig thanks. You have a great family.
How about next year we plan early for a Buggs/ Kerr gathering. Trade off info and get a menu together...Get more peeps out. Maybe even a fall/ foliage run like you spoke of.
Thanks again..Mayo is on my list in the near future.
See ya.
Steve

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@veedubtek Well to be honest it just kinda fell together that morning around 11:00am. @justason texted me he might come out to Lakefest and them fell together from there.
We had a great time. It was great meeting wonderful people. Craig thanks. You have a great family.
How about next year we plan early for a Buggs/ Kerr gathering. Trade off info and get a menu together...Get more peeps out. Maybe even a fall/ foliage run like you spoke of.
Thanks again..Mayo is on my list in the near future.
See ya.
Steve

It was rather spontaneous, Woke up in the morning and thought...If I don't entertain my daughter she's gonna make me pay.....ALL DAY.....so I put the paintbrush down, begged forgiveness for the error I had not committed yet, loaded the boat and the cooler.

@veedubtek not sure if you've seen this thread: still evolving, dates still fluid: https://jetboaters.net/threads/south-east-gathering.751/page-3