• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Key West Suggestions

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
My sales team has decided to grace us with a nice location for this quarters meeting, so we're headed to Key West in May. I've never been, and my wife will be tagging along.

Looking for recommendations on bars/restaurants, things to see and do if you have any.

Thanks!

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Any outside bar looking west.....Awesome Sunsets!

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
My wife and I love key west, we love sloppy Joes, Amigos has the best Mexican food on the island, as far as bars go, there are so many,all have there different quirks, but pretty much all of them have good live music all the time, we usually start at the end of Duvall and just start walking towards southernmost point."southernmost point in the US" and just hit many establishments.. They all have happy hour specials at different times during the day, fort Zachery Taylor is pretty cool to see, and it's free. The sunset festival is pretty cool also, Key West is the only place I've been where watching the sunset is a reason to party on a daily basis...

Bilmon

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Mirage
Boat Length
If you have the time the Yankee Freedom ferry out to Dry Tortugas National park is pretty neat. Its a old Civil War era fort 70 miles from Key West. Kinda pricey, 165.00 per person but includes breakfast,lunch,and snorkle gear.Gets you on a boat[with a bar].

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If this is your kind of thing:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/garden-of-eden-key-west

We went during a stop on our cruise... very interesting. They have hula hoops too :)

Good food here:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/burgerfi-key-west

Rum Bar:

http://www.yelp.com/biz/the-rum-bar-key-west
Garden of Eden - WTF?:wideyed: Here's the first review on their website:
“Naked dancing is f*@#ing hilarious (and fun!!).”

Will def hit the rum bar and try that painkiller!

All great suggestions............thanks

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
If you have the time the Yankee Freedom ferry out to Dry Tortugas National park is pretty neat. Its a old Civil War era fort 70 miles from Key West. Kinda pricey, 165.00 per person but includes breakfast,lunch,and snorkle gear.Gets you on a boat[with a bar].
I just checked out this website and it looks awesome. May have to try this. thanks

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
We also try to do a sunset cruise, when we go. Not too pricey I think $50.00 each, they serve food and OPEN BAR for the duration 2-2 1/2 hours they usually have a live band on board as well.

Troy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sloppy joes is awesome. Also go On a tour of the Ernest Hemingway house. If you have the time and are certified go scuba diving.

Magic

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sloppy Joes for sure, and the conch fritters at The Conch Shack are awesome!

Turtle Kralls has cuban style eats that are pretty awesome too! :winkingthumbsup"

230-ish Margaret St I think..... Great people and not too terribly many tourists, more of a locals place, right on the bight....

There is always Jimmy Buffetts place, or Kelly's too..... Tourists and lines for sure!

Have fun!!

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sloppy joes is awesome. Also go On a tour of the Ernest Hemingway house. If you have the time and are certified go scuba diving.
If your not certified you can do a resort dive. Still a lot of fun. then there is Mel Fishers maritime museum. Oh, there is also this old guy named Dominique, he trains house cats to do all these different tricks and is hilarious to watch.

Topper232

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I was certified in the 80's while in the Marines, but have not been diving since 1993, so I'm a bit out of practice. Some of my co-workers will be diving while there, so it'll be tempting.

Lawson2479

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know with the resort dive. The instructor stays with you but it might be a good way to get your wife interested in a new hobby. That was how I got my wife to get certified and me a dive trip to Roatan.

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Check out the Fury Ultimate Adventure. Did that with the kids and it was awesome for all ages.

JC6275

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
@davel501 I was trying to Remember the name of that , we did that a couple times, very fun!! And if it is your or anyone in your groups birthday ITS FREE!!!!! For the birthday person

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We went out with them the week of Thanksgiving. Had Captain Chuck running our boat. There was a lady that had a medical emergency most of the way out to the to snorkeling area. Watching him run the radio and the crew with a Navy Seahawk circling the boat as we headed in was pretty amazing. We made it about half way back before a parasail boat made it out to us and took her off then ran her back in. Even with all the extra time and fuel spent they extended the day to make up for it and contacted the cruise ships for the folks on shore excursions so they would not be late. The snorkeling was just ok because we had to detour to the backup site on the gulf due to 8-10' seas on the Atlantic, the hangout at the private island was awesome and got to get in some waverunner time while waiting to go parasailing. The parasailing guys even let my boys (8 & 10) drive the boat...probably broke a few laws but now they are the only ones in the family to have driven a boat on the ocean.

We stayed at the Marriott in Fort Lauderdale that trip so I did not get more than a day in they keys. That day was definitely a highlight though. We walked around a bit after, ate at Carolines (another favorite...cheap, good and outdoor seating on Duval), got a family pic at mile marker 0 and the southernmost point then drove the 3-4 hours back...well I drove everyone else slept. :)

Maybe not in the keys but if you have a weather day in south Florida drive up to West Palm and check out Lion Country Safari. It is the zoo that Jurassic Park is based on. The entrance even looks the same.

Lester

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I highly recommend Blue Heaven Restaurant in Key West! Food is fantastic and they made a killer Bloody Mary that was needed on that particular Sunday morning!

davel501

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Almost forgot...Southernmost café is a great breakfast spot that opens onto the beach. Walk to the other end of Duval and you have walked from ocean to ocean and found a place that rents Yamaha jet boats and skis.